Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I'm out hunting a local school ground, a bit warm but I'm enjoying. Ya know?
I look up to check my "6", (habitual ;) ), and here comes two big men walking straight toward me. One,
in a suit, the other a police officer, in full regalia. I heard the theme from Dragnet. :(

When they got there I wasn't sure if I should have anything in my hands. So, I left my digger and detector
on the ground and stood to face the "music". ;)

The guy in the suit reached out his hand to shake and I took off my glove and returned it. He said,
"I was never so glad to see you out here!"

I said, almost out loud, HUH!?!?

He went on to explain how he lived over on the street that bordered the school and pointed it out.
There was a pretty big party going on. He said they were rehearsing a wedding and somewhere along
the way, they lost the ring!

My heart rate started back down. LOL!

"Could I POSSIBLY see my way clear to take a quick look?!?!?"

Of course I said yes and we went over there, tracing back the steps, asking where was the last time
they "physically" saw the ring. Then, when did they notice it gone.

Long story short, along the driveway, almost on top, a couple leaves lying next to it, there she sat! I almost saw it before
I heard it! LOL

I got glad handed from so many it became embarrassing! LOL

No reward but an offer to come search his property anytime I wanted to! :)
Sorry, no pics, I asked but they declined. Didn't care to have things on the net. :)

Thought you guys would appreciate. :)

No biggie. They're happy, I'm happy and so I went back over to the school.
But, I found myself too played out to get back into the humdrum of what I was doing. LOL

Here's the rest of the totals for today:

2015 (335).jpg
2015 (336).jpg

These four are all lead, but no clue if they're ammo. :dontknow:

2015 (337).jpg
2015 (338).jpg

Looks like EVERYbody was happier today!

Nice day!

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 30
Imagine if you will, a reclusive hunter in a world bordering on the edge of discovery, silently scouring his turf for buried treasure, suddenly confronted by intense, frantic men. In a twist of fate, the strangers solicit the hunter to find their lost symbol of love, which stirs deep emotion and brings guttural feelings of relief for the hunter. Our hero utilizes his God-given skills to locate that which was gone, causing much rejoicing and public demonstrations of affection. Coming to a schoolyard near you, its "Whadifind, Wedding Warrior."

Congrats Whadi on a super tale of success and fun. You are a true ambassador for our hobby. I vote "Honorable Mention" on this one! Sub :headbang:

Last edited:
Awesome story with the Best possible ending possible!!

Great find, Great return and a story a certain bride and groom will tell the rest of their lives.

Nice job on the recovery:thumbsup:I bet some people were getting a little frantic, I know I was would:laughing7:

Great story and great bunch of finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back