AT Pro
AT Max
Racer 2
CORS Fierce coil
CORS Fortune coil
CORS Scout
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out for a couple of hours today and put on the 5x8 coil and hit an iron patch that I knew had to be hiding some goodies. Moving slowly and listening hard through all iron I had an erratic signal that would bounce between 50 and 75 on the AT pro. Dug out a plug and out popped a bucket lister for me, a 1852 trime. Couldn't believe what I was seeing so I ran back to the truck and grabbed my phone for a quick pic.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502649071.887287.jpg

After taking a few minutes to regain my composure I stowed my find and continued on with the same method and found an 1864 2 cent piece. I do believe it is the more common large motto variety.

What a fun hunt!

Here are some better pictures.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502649564.843570.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502649600.907093.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502649639.942014.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502649672.398761.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502649712.179674.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Upvote 55
WOW! You have to be in HOG HEAVEN!:headbang: I will never forget the RUSH I got recovering my first and only trime. Like you I was second guessing what I was looking at thinking NO WAY! LOL! Great score and to follow it up with a sweet 2 cent piece is just NUTZ! May be your all time favorite two coin hunt ever. Well done & Congrats on that elusive tiny silver 3 center.:icon_salut:

Fanflippintastic! Now, that motivates me!

Wow, Congrats those are two of my most desired 'yet to finds'.
Keep up the good work!

Very nice. Two things that I have yet to find but it is nice to know they are in the State. Congrats to you Mister.

super high on the totally awesome scale! to find one of each of those coins on the same hunt is just crazy! congrats on the wonderful finds

I was really stoked, been in a dry spell lately. The area has a lot of history and now I have the 110 acres next to it!

That's 5 the hard way- Congrats on two awesome finds!

-- Jeff --

Great ( and hard to come by) coins. Finding them on the same hunt is pretty awesome. Congratulations.

Congrats, that's a day that would rent space in the memory bank for a good while.

Freaking fantastic.

That is so awesome! Two beautiful hard to find coins in the same day! They look to be in great shape too. Congrats. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back