Two Barbers and a PA Bicentennial medal

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Hunted next to an old ballfield today. Also spent a little time in the woods. At almost 5 p.m. I finally got some silver. A Barber Quarter and a Barber dime were in the same hole about 4 inches deep. They were actually between the batters cage and a trash can about seven feet outside of the ball field. Earlier I had found a Pennsylvania Bicentennial medal outside of the ballfield about 10 feet to the right of first base. In the woods I found an old mechanical lead pencil. It still writes.

A 1909 Barber Quarter:

filedandwoods 003.JPGfiledandwoods 004.JPG

A 1901 Barber Dime:

filedandwoods 006.JPG filedandwoods 005.JPG

The PA Bicen. medal with Billy Penn and the date of 1882 on the obverse and the PA coat of arms on the reverse. The reverse says something about being presented by the Mint on the bicentennial of Pennsylvania.

filedandwoods 001.JPGfiledandwoods 002.JPG

The mechanical pencil:

filedandwoods 007.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Upvote 0
The Barbers look to be in great shape.
Congrats
Dman

The quarter looks especially good. Very nice find! :icon_thumright: :occasion14:

Congrats on the great finds.

Nice job. That Barber quarter looks about in Excellent condition. Nice find. Also like the PA Bicentennial copper from

1882 :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Sweet Barbers! :icon_thumright:

You can't get much better than two Barbers in the same hole!

nice barbers Bob!! I'm about ready to get out now that it has warmed up! congrats

Thanks everybody for the nice words.

Debbie, These coins came from one of the areas we hunted back in the fall. I've been doing pretty good there while you were hibernating. Only thing that stopped me for awhile was 3 feet of snow. I'll see ya this weekend maybe at R. Beach or at the meeting.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back