Turned $31 into $375 in Gold and Silver at Townwide Yard Sale (50 Cent Jewelry Bin)

TreaShore

May 4, 2023
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT (since 2012)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a look at my finds from a recent townwide yard sale / garage sale. Three houses had jewelry bins priced at 50 cents per item. For just $31 I was able to find a total of $375 in gold and silver. I always try reselling the jewelry instead of melting it. I would rather the pieces find a new home with an owner who will enjoy the jewelry. Destroying the items just doesn’t sit well with me for some reason. Come take a look and get some hints on different types of jewelry. Thanks.

We dont need to look... no offense...
Same ole like the rest of "lookie at me" hit hounds.
We will also be watching as it slowly dries up along with these type of finds because you and the others like you bragged / showed off to the point they no longer exist.
Keep on bragging / teaching others until your in an empty corner with very few and far between finds.

Last edited:
We dont need to look... no offense...
Same ole like the rest of "lookie at me" hit hounds.
We will also be watching as it slowly dries up along with these type of finds because you and the others like you bragged / showed off to the point they no longer exist.
Keep on bragging / teaching others until your in an empty corner with very few and far between finds.
Then under the same premise, can't the same thing be said about this entire forum? Posting metal detecting finds leads to the same thing.

I don't think I'm coming off as bragging, but by default any type of "finds" post is bragging to some extent. If it brings competition then so be it. I could drop dead tomorrow and it won't matter in the end. In the mean time I just want to have fun and turn more people onto going to flea markets and antique stores. I have seen enough of them die out and become housing developments because of a lack of people going out and looking for secondhand goods (not just jewelry). If people stop selling secondhand then that wont be good for the hobby either.

Then under the same premise, can't the same thing be said about this entire forum? Posting metal detecting finds leads to the same thing.

I don't think I'm coming off as bragging, but by default any type of "finds" post is bragging to some extent. If it brings competition then so be it. I could drop dead tomorrow and it won't matter in the end. In the mean time I just want to have fun and turn more people onto going to flea markets and antique stores. I have seen enough of them die out and become housing developments because of a lack of people going out and looking for secondhand goods (not just jewelry). If people stop selling secondhand then that wont be good for the hobby either.
Why does the readership have to click on a video?
When folks post up their finds they actually post up some written information and pictures.

Reactions: ARC
That is a fair point. I did drop the ball on this last post, but I have done just that in the past in the initial post and in replies: https://www.treasurenet.com/threads...r-autographs-found-at-yard-sale-for-1.699416/ I will be sure to include more photos and a better explanation of items in the future. Sorry for that.

As for making videos, I have personal reasons for wanting to do video format. Since I was asked, I will share. I had been in speech therapy from pre-k through high school due to a medical condition as a child. You can still hear difficulties in my enunciation of "R" "S" "Wr" and "...ing" words. I am still self-conscious when choosing words and you can also hear me use "umm..." a bunch do to that (especially in my SS Central America post which I hate that I couldn't control myself). My college professor in a Leadership and Communication course recommend me to use videos to practice my public speaking. The basic idea she mentioned was that the more people I have see the posts, the more I will be comfortable in my own voice and I can work out the speaking difficulties through practice. I thought that combining hobbies I loved with this plan word have been a good idea.

Nice video bro , nice finds, good luck in your future treasure hunting and videos.
What you give comes back three fold.
It's better then people being greedy with the knowledge. We're all in this together.
I worry how much treasure doesnt get found and is left for trash.
None other than Arc has taught me about much more unique stuff. And I have shared what I learned and I see it come full circle. It's fine. We are all getting better.

Nice video bro , nice finds, good luck in your future treasure hunting and videos.
What you give comes back three fold.
It's better then people being greedy with the knowledge. We're all in this together.
I worry how much treasure doesnt get found and is left for trash.
None other than Arc has taught me about much more unique stuff. And I have shared what I learned and I see it come full circle. It's fine. We are all getting better.
Gee I didn't know @ARC was you mentor.
Learn something everyday.

• Haha
Reactions: ARC
Spamming ones videos (trying to draw attention to ones profile / page on another site etc)
falls into the "click bait" category no matter how its sold.
And........ Click bait is click bait.
The point i was trying to make is... when one brags or shows off
The tallest nails get hammered first... so with that
Gee I didn't know @ARC was you mentor.
Learn something everyday.
Dont be jealous pepper... i am also still your mentor ... dont worry :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back