Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In past years I would rarely leave without gold at least every third hunt. This year it doesn't seem to be working out that way.
Somethin's definitely changed, and I have no idea what it is.
Anyway, I worked my but off the last couple of hunts and only have two little pieces of silver jewelry to show for it.
IMG_7324.jpg

From the looks of this forum it seems maybe I'm not alone in this. :dontknow:

Oh well, just got to keep at it I guess.

Upvote 7
In past years I would rarely leave without gold at least every third hunt. This year it doesn't seem to be working out that way.
Anyway, I worked my but off the last couple of hunts and only have two little pieces of silver jewelry to show for it.
View attachment 2158306

Money is tight for most people. It can be to the point where they must make a choice of if they are going to eat that week versus taking a trip. Surely the economy is playing a role in this.
Less or NO "disposable income" means no more rings, pendants, etc. Instead people are having to take that money to pay increased insurance premiums and property taxes, increased price of food, increased price of everything.
More and more people are going full plastic and not carrying money around either.
Until something changes I think we will see even worse hunts.

Yep, I have noticed the same thing in my area. The high value targets are alot less this year than ever before. I chalk it up to 2 reasons...the economy and the popularity increase of the hobby, namely due to the increasing precious metals values in USD.

View attachment 2158306

You got that right !!

View attachment 2158306

Tell me about it, I got 9 rings the other day and NONE of them were gold. Grrrrrr

I think you did good considering the times, gold is almost a thing of the past and as the prices continue to climb it's only going to get less purchased..... And Hats off to those that can get out in this heat!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back