Jeffferson City
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro-pointer
Garrett Z-Link wireless
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was diggin a weird signal yesterday and ended up diggin up a small tombstone. I'm not sure if the small piece of iron had anything to do with the stone but that's how I ran across it (about 8-10"down). It was in my back yard and the stone is marked with only "E.E." (no date). After looking at the stone, I thought it looked familiar. There's a brick/rock pile on the side of my house that has a stone that matches it. It's the same size, same type of stone and is engraved the same (both have the last initial E.). I'm trying to figure out how old they are and who they might have been?

DSC04278.JPGDSC04279.JPGDSC04280.JPGDSC04281.JPG

You might check with your local library, genealogical or historical society. Depending on the house's location, there very well could be family graves on the property, and they could help you identify who. Sometimes stones are yanked up (yes, even in city cemeteries) because the caretakers don't want to mow around them. Others are stolen. So it's always good to let someone know when you find a tombstone, there could be descendants looking for that person!!!!
For now, I would put it back exactly where you found it, so the spot is marked for the future.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back