Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hunted my old standby seated field this afternoon. Found the 1888 V in the iron. Explored some areas far away from the iron patch and scored an indian, GW, and the holed crop pickers check token. These tokens are better than finding most silvers to me and are the only type of token Ive found in my area which was one of the largest fruit and vegetable producers in the country from after the Civil War up until about WWII

Attachments

• F8236616-B0A7-404C-BCF7-9724097B0DC1.jpeg
    F8236616-B0A7-404C-BCF7-9724097B0DC1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Upvote 29
Sweet hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

well that put my hunt today to shame. yeah, tokens excite me too, they are such a cool thing of the past. which machine did you use this time

well that put my hunt today to shame. yeah, tokens excite me too, they are such a cool thing of the past. which machine did you use this time

Tokens are full of history compared to modern silver. Got it with the XP Deus with 13” X35 coil. Thats why I mostly stayed out of the iron today.

Nice finds. Gota love those old tokens. Id take a local pickers token over a 20th century silver coin any day of the week.

One heck of a day. Congratulations :icon_thumright:

Nice finds! Very unusual shaped token there, congrats!

Thanks. Yes its only the second scalloped edge pickers token Ive found. The other one came from the same field and is nearly identical minus the hole

Great hunt! Covered all the bases, old copper, silver and tokens...Tokens are so fun to find, especially when you don't immediately recognize it and get to research it. When going through my finds, it's the tokens that stir the memories.. where it was made,what it was used for...Congrats and thx for sharing, Ddf.

Those are some nice coins, but I'm with you. I would take that token in a heartbeat. Great finds.

Great hunt! Congratulations on the sweet finds!

More history about these picker's check tokens can be found in one of your previous posts last year:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/556846-pickers-check-tokens.html

And here:http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/tokens-tags/137744-what-token-says-srv-20-a.html
Great historic saves!
Don....

Thanks. Ive found a few over the years but I really need to get a hold of the book mentioned in the link to learn more about the history of these tokens. Not a cheap book to aquire. I need to check out my local public library too

Great finds I love old tokens

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back