Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so I've tried my new "technique" in a few places.
It appears to work pretty well in all of them.

But, I was wanting to really put it to the test .
Some of you have been around for a while know about
my walks around the mansion. They would also know
that finds are pretty slim to nothing for a while now.

Welp, this technique is great! But, I reaffirmed one thing
I've known all along:

2016 (631).jpg
2016 (633).jpg

Look how tiny some of those bullets are!
I suspect the technique is still working. ;)

2016 (632).jpg

Still finding some "classic" stuff. :tongue3: LOL!

What did I reaffirm? That something needs
to be there, before one can find it. ;)

I'm not unhappy at all! I found some tiny, tiny things! AND...
I had another BEAUTIFUL walk around my mansion! :)

Oh yeah.....and what of Blingie & Fishy?

2016 (634).jpg

They're still tuggin' away! LOL

Thanks for peekin'!

Upvote 15
Well said, mikeraydj!

This, like any other hobby entails more than just one aspect. It's the whole package that becomes addictive.

Funny you should mention the sounds of your detector. It was Garrett's lower frequency that won out over all the ones I test drove.
I just could not envision having to listen to the shrill/high pitched sounds they made, ALL DAY LONG! :(

But, Garrett's lower pitch just felt better to my ear. A completely personal choice. I went with the ATP for much the same reason. But, also because it was the most rounded in features. It had what I figured I'd need for just about all my needs in near future. I've been swinging it for about 5 years now and I am STILL learning! LOL
I was the same way until I found out those high shrill tones were usually something good. Now I can't get enough of them. It's like that dinner bell sound your detector makes for a coin. I haven't heard a detector that makes a pleasant sound when pin pointing.

Last edited:
I was the same way until I found out those high shrill tones were usually something good. Now I can't get enough of them. It's like that dinner bell sound your detector makes for a coin. I haven't heard a detector that makes a pleasant sound when pin pointing.

No, I meant the overall frequency of the machine is lower, more mellow, than the others. I know it's just a personal preference, but listening to that high shrill octave all day was just too much. :dontknow:

No, I meant the overall frequency of the machine is lower, more mellow, than the others. I know it's just a personal preference, but listening to that high shrill octave all day was just too much. :dontknow:

Actually there is an adjustment on the Etrac that allows you to change the pitch. But I get what you mean. Some people like Levi's some like Wrangler.

What works for you is producing. Keep with it.

What works for you is producing. Keep with it.

That is exactly my point ironman! EACH needs to do what works, for THEM! Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. But, in this hobby, it's always in the ear of the beholder. We all hear differently.

Thanks!

Those two maybe "busy" for a long time! I think you found the perfect entertainment for them.

Gives you time to relax and tweak your method with no pressure.

We all need to listen more closely in a lot of ways. I am guilty of hurried searching, paying half attention, being stubborn and not going where guided, not knowing every nuance of my machine, and having to shorten my hunt or not dig some targets because of complaining body parts.

You are right, as with most things we do in life, we need to make time to learn to ways to do it to the best of our personal abilities....and we need to be reminded of that from time to time,...thank you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back