clam bake 030.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 918
  • clam bake 031.JPG
    clam bake 031.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 860
  • clam bake 029.JPG
    clam bake 029.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 910
Custom charm for a daughter "Tiffany", who plays softball using a Franklin Glove?

Upvote 0
CG,

Hope you don't mind, but I made a phone call for you to Tiffany and Co. The big jewelry store in New York. When I see jewelry and Tiffany, I automatically think of them (wife has me trainet that way :D ;D :D). According to the rep when I called, it would definitely say Tiffany & Co. if it was one of their peices and it would also be stamped 925 (0.925) if it was sterling silver. She also said that if you wanted to you could mail it in to have it cleaned, authenticated, and appraised. But she said there would be a fee for that. She did not say what the fee was.
As for what you found, it is a very nice and detailed piece. Franklin is the name of a baseball glove manufacture, but I would have to say that some girl named Tiffany who played softball lost her charm that her dad had made for her. Hope it helps.

Upvote 0
Thank you for that phone call. Huh? I would now have to agree that Tiffany lost her charm. Personally I think that makes it even more special, he has a 4 year old daughter who in a few years just may enjoy that charm. Neat!

Thanks for all the help!

Upvote 0
wildrider said:
tac512ltd said:
Custom charm for a daughter "Tiffany", who plays softball using a Franklin Glove?
That would also be my thought.

Burt

That would be my guess also. The ones on the pic are available with engraving.

Tony

Attachments

• fl0531g.jpg
    fl0531g.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 787
Upvote 0
Hi, Several years ago, I bought my husband a silver tiffany key ring with a baseball glove charm on it for our anniversary because our daughter played softball. We were visiting friends in PA and he lost the charm off of the keyring. Our daughter has since had a spinal cord injury and can no longer play softball. He is very sad to have lost it and I can no longer find one to buy. When I searched online, I saw a posting from Countrygirl saying that she found it in a field, which I believe is close to where my friend lived. It looks just like it and I am hoping that it may be the one. Is countrygirl still out there and do you still have the glove?

Upvote 0
visitor4now said:
Hi, Several years ago, I bought my husband a silver tiffany key ring with a baseball glove charm on it for our anniversary because our daughter played softball. We were visiting friends in PA and he lost the charm off of the keyring. Our daughter has since had a spinal cord injury and can no longer play softball. He is very sad to have lost it and I can no longer find one to buy. When I searched online, I saw a posting from Countrygirl saying that she found it in a field, which I believe is close to where my friend lived. It looks just like it and I am hoping that it may be the one. Is countrygirl still out there and do you still have the glove?
Wow whats the chances of that? Country Girl hasnt posted since November 18. 2011.

Upvote 0
Apparently there are more of these pieces and they may be made by Tiffany afterall. I am taking the liberty to post this reply (in blue) from December 27. 2011 on Country Girls profile page.

Also welcome to the forum visitor4now. :icon_thumright: This reply is NOT referring to you or your daughter or the jewelry your husband lost in PA. It was posted Dec 27 about a similar piece found in the UK.

"I wanted to get in touch to tell you I have what appears to be an exact copy of the 'Tiffany' Baseball glove you talked about sometime ago on this site.

I have had it for many years and discovered it at a local antique fair.

I am convinced that it was never the property of a girl called Tiffany as my item also has Tiffany engraved on it in exactly the same place as yours. My one however does not have the word Franklin engraved on it. As far as I know Franklin manufacture boxing gloves and other sporting gloves ( http://www.franklinsports.com/fsm/b2c/baseball/BaseballHomepage.htm ).

If I look through a magnifying glass at the small loop at the base of the glove I can see the words T&CO 925 implying that it is infact made by Tiffany & Co and is indeed made of silver.

I contacted Tiffany & Co a while back as I also wanted to see what it was worth and find out a bit about the piece and they asked me to send it to them in the US. I was a bit reluctant to send it given that I live in the UK so I never bothered. It wasn't until I moved house this year that I remembered I had it and did a quick google search and your blog came up.

Anyway I saw what had been said and I thought that the wrong conclusion had been drawn so I decided to get in touch. If you get this I hope you found it useful.

Regards"

Upvote 0
Visitor4now, do you remember if yours said Franklin? It appears that the word Franklin may have been engraved. It will take more research to confirm if Tiffany & Co. did indeed manufacture these gloves. Hopefully Country Girl will return soon and you can ask her questions or tell her what city yours was lost near. We can also have her look for the T&CO 925 and solve this mystery.. :)

Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Hi, Everyone,
Thank you for all of your feedback on the glove and the ebay links! It was made by Tiffany because I bought it from Lux, Bond and Green, a jewelry store in CT that carries some Tiffany merchandise. I don't know about the Franklin mark, but I will keep researching. Now that the price of silver is so high, I will not be able to buy it back, but it is good to know that they are still out there in case I can. Thank you all again. This is a great resource!

Upvote 0
It appears to have antique value as well as being silver. The Franklin engraving is still a mystery.

Country Girl should be back eventually.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back