Thursday Finds xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Today we decided to go back to the same field, and I’m very glad of that decision! 😎

I nearly died when I glimpsed this super size silver… alas it’s a button, but a huge one 1.5 inch across! Then a pretty decorative piece, tap key, ring attachment and spoon handle, big buckle and name plate, a huge hook, munitions and a herd of musket balls, pretty button, more buttons, 8 pre dec, I found 6 he found 2!

Then my shiny ones, 1944 sixpence, 1922 three pence and a 1816 George 3rd, and a sweet hammered, not got an ID yet… !

The Hare and us spent the afternoon dodging the tractors, so took some pics of them for a change! xx Tomorrow am we are heading to the FLO to collect the last batch of finds and drop off some more … but hopefully we will be able to squeeze in an afternoon in the fields xx 😆

IMG_4270.jpeg
IMG_4271.jpeg
IMG_4272.jpeg
IMG_4274.jpeg
IMG_4275.jpeg
IMG_4278.jpeg
IMG_4273.jpeg
IMG_4269.jpeg
IMG_4283.jpeg
IMG_4279.jpeg
IMG_4277.jpeg
IMG_4280.jpeg
IMG_4281.jpeg
IMG_4282.jpeg
IMG_4268.jpeg
IMG_4264.jpeg
IMG_4263.jpeg
IMG_4259.jpeg
IMG_4265.jpeg

Upvote 25
Awesome tractors! I mean , hunt.

Congrats!
Lots of goodies and amidst the coins and buttons , plenty enough other relics to wave your caps about. A tap key. Who loses the darned tap key? L.o.l. and ouch.

Quite the silvers.
The FLO is going to start suspecting you two know what you're doing. ( :laughing7: )
The hares have to suspect everything....Running that fine line such creatures do on the edge of surviving or lending to another's survival. Hawk. Fox. Gamekeeper. Auto. Mower.

Got an id on the hammered.. Edward 1st… York mint Eboraci (1272-1307) mind blowing to think the last view pic (non tractor/Hare ) above, I took from the spot I found the coin… now obvs the coin could have been moved around during the farming …. But even so… just awesome to imagine what it would their view would have looked like back then 😍 xx

Awesome tractors! I mean , hunt.

Congrats!
Lots of goodies and amidst the coins and buttons , plenty enough other relics to wave your caps about. A tap key. Who loses the darned tap key? L.o.l. and ouch.

Quite the silvers.
The FLO is going to start suspecting you two know what you're doing. ( :laughing7: )
The hares have to suspect everything....Running that fine line such creatures do on the edge of surviving or lending to another's survival. Hawk. Fox. Gamekeeper. Auto. Mower.
Ha.. thought you might like to see our tractor stuff! Yes I love seeing the Hares, we rarely see any rabbits anymore 😞… xx

The poor FLO I’m sure she dreads our visits 😂😂 she should be returning all the Roman coins to us tomoz, so himself will be bursting with excitement… I brought him a coin album… so he will be able to fill in all the details and pop them in the special pockets…. The only downside to those kinda gifts is he will want to show me once he is done 🫣😂😆 xx

Ha.. thought you might like to see our tractor stuff! Yes I love seeing the Hares, we rarely see any rabbits anymore 😞… xx

The poor FLO I’m sure she dreads our visits 😂😂 she should be returning all the Roman coins to us tomoz, so himself will be bursting with excitement… I brought him a coin album… so he will be able to fill in all the details and pop them in the special pockets…. The only downside to those kinda gifts is he will want to show me once he is done 🫣😂😆 xx
Hey now.
A guy has to do something.

Special pockets. L.o.l..

Got an id on the hammered.. Edward 1st… York mint Eboraci (1272-1307) mind blowing to think the last view pic (non tractor/Hare ) above, I took from the spot I found the coin… now obvs the coin could have been moved around during the farming …. But even so… just awesome to imagine what it would their view would have looked like back then 😍 xx
It is awesome to think about. There is a story behind each lost object; if only they could talk.

Today we decided to go back to the same field, and I’m very glad of that decision! 😎

I nearly died when I glimpsed this super size silver… alas it’s a button, but a huge one 1.5 inch across! Then a pretty decorative piece, tap key, ring attachment and spoon handle, big buckle and name plate, a huge hook, munitions and a herd of musket balls, pretty button, more buttons, 8 pre dec, I found 6 he found 2!

Then my shiny ones, 1944 sixpence, 1922 three pence and a 1816 George 3rd, and a sweet hammered, not got an ID yet… !

The Hare and us spent the afternoon dodging the tractors, so took some pics of them for a change! xx Tomorrow am we are heading to the FLO to collect the last batch of finds and drop off some more … but hopefully we will be able to squeeze in an afternoon in the fields xx 😆

View attachment 2164108View attachment 2164109View attachment 2164110View attachment 2164111View attachment 2164112View attachment 2164113View attachment 2164114View attachment 2164115View attachment 2164116View attachment 2164117View attachment 2164118View attachment 2164119View attachment 2164120View attachment 2164121View attachment 2164122View attachment 2164123View attachment 2164124View attachment 2164125View attachment 2164126
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back