🔎 UNIDENTIFIED This is gold ore, right?

centralveindelta0

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2024
This is a link that show the top rock more than lower as gold ore, I think. This is from where I live.
The lower part of my land doesn’t appear to have gold, at least close to surface. I had worked the cow fields, a stones throw away, cleaning it of rocks, and didn’t find any of the same types of rocks. There is also a sizable quantity of white quartz where I live.
There is also of the same grain as the golden rock, white or gray ore, that I suppose as silver ore, but much less of it.
When digging in the red clay, there are vertical lines of gold or silver mud. I had a friend that said he had documents of his property mined for gold, at a springhead. At this location the road was recently dredged in ditch, there was also gold and silver mud, along with the common red mud.
This is a photo of what I supposed was silver ore, I found it in a vein, of gold ore, with flakes of black uranium. This was found on a power line cut.
On area hiking trails, is a few area of gold ore, this with striation of black uranium. All this ore is very porous, so it ends up looking just like red clay. I think gold is one of the most common elements here on trails, just not in large quantities. Probably valuable only for rock collectors, who don’t know they walk over it, as most trails have a spot or two of ore rocks. It’s more the oily looking uranium that you look for than gold.
I once found some uranium ore, very porous, light and black. One of the stones found, had huge quartz like I’ve never seen. They were near erosion ditches that I thought where mines, but idk any more. They went in the fire before I knew what it was. It did hurt me later, bruise me, then I thought, I found this in a forest that they burn, it can’t hurt that much, so I put some crumbles in my shoe, it did hurt, and I was limping for a few days. I do like to burn rock, I put gold ore with uranium flakes in fire, it turns a pretty red purple color, and I could see some pure gold smelting out. Does uranium turn radioactive in fire? I know it doesn’t violently fission obviously.
Sorry for lack of pictures, I habitually bury rocks with charcoal, so I don’t have many rocks.

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpeg
    IMG_0013.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 60
No. Gold ore is pictured between the two broken smelting cups.
azgoldmeteorite.jpg

Upvote 1
“It did hurt me later, bruise me, then I thought, I found this in a forest that they burn, it can’t hurt that much, so I put some crumbles in my shoe, it did hurt, and I was limping for a few days.”

I was going to offer a more serious response till I read this. Now I’m just laughing at this post imagining somebody intentionally putting crumbles of rock in their shoe on purpose, then walking until they were bruised and limping. What the heck?!

Upvote 1
No. Gold ore is pictured between the two broken smelting cups.View attachment 2159443
That’s not representative of all gold ore.
That pic is so blurry I can’t tell.
If you are going to post pictures of Gold Prn please ensure it’s of sufficient resolution that we can zoom in and get our fix.

Last edited:
Upvote 2
Absolutely agree, but OG's specimens are not gold ore -- in my opinion.

Upvote 2
Absolutely agree, but OG's specimens are not gold ore -- in my opinion.
Contex is everything. Based on context, I’d agree with you.

This person is dedicated to rocks so much they put them in their shoe and walked around for the day. After all they came from a forest that was burned so it shouldn’t hurt!

Upvote -1
1721339756812.jpeg

This is a picture of gold from a mine here in S.C. the two tones of the my first rock and this, very similar imo. So I will agree that it doesn’t look much like photos on of gold ore internet, but does look like gold in S.C. that’s also what the striations of gold in dirt look like. I’ve dug a lot of places, major gardening dug all by hand, and never saw a thing till moved here. Another thing is one day I decided to treasure hunt, I found shallow buried an old rusty ammo can, in it where 2 higher quality gold ore pieces, higher then I find here, with it where a few pieces of what I call silver ore, very similar to pictured. The only time I found that here was in a can buried from previous land owner. So it would’ve fooled 2 of us.

1721343236802.jpeg

About the rock I put in my shoe, it was crumbles, like hardly any rock, it hurt immediately brusied an area, to limp for days, it wasn’t in there more then a few minutes. The uranium is a little to curious a formation, one of them had huge quartz crystals.

Upvote 1
”About the rock I put in my shoe, it was crumbles, like hardly any rock, it hurt immediately brusied an area, to limp for days, it wasn’t in there more then a few minutes.”

Thank you for the clarification.

I’d have probably tried that as well. At least we know know that putting crumbles in your shoe isn’t a good idea. ;)

What did you do with the crumbles after you took them out of your shoe?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
View attachment 2159455

This is a picture of gold from a mine here in S.C. the two tones of the my first rock and this, very similar imo. So I will agree that it doesn’t look much like photos on of gold ore internet, but does look like gold in S.C. that’s also what the striations of gold in dirt look like. I’ve dug a lot of places, major gardening dug all by hand, and never saw a thing till moved here. Another thing is one day I decided to treasure hunt, I found shallow buried an old rusty ammo can, in it where 2 higher quality gold ore pieces, higher then I find here, with it where a few pieces of what I call silver ore, very similar to pictured. The only time I found that here was in a can buried from previous land owner. So it would’ve fooled 2 of us.

View attachment 2159462

About the rock I put in my shoe, it was crumbles, like hardly any rock, it hurt immediately brusied an area, to limp for days, it wasn’t in there more then a few minutes. The uranium is a little to curious a formation, one of them had huge quartz crystals.
Is that Haile gold mine?

Upvote 0
I shook out the shoe, washed it out, and retired the shoe for some time. It’s only after you burn it, and at the time i fired it, I didn’t think it was uranium, it was the only pure uranium ore I’ve found. Haven’t died yet, it is poisonous if you eat it.

Ya it’s haile gold mine.

Upvote 1
I shook out the shoe, washed it out, and retired the shoe for some time. It’s only after you burn it, and at the time i fired it, I didn’t think it was uranium, it was the only pure uranium ore I’ve found. Haven’t died yet, it is poisonous if you eat it.

Ya it’s haile gold mine.

Well I guess that will make you think twice about putting burned uranium crumbles in your shoe! Truthfully, I’d never have thought of doing that, even if it came from a burned forest.

Now I have considered putting dirt in my shoe, only because it came from a field that had already been plowed.

Upvote 1
Radioactivity varies with isotope make up.
Is the U235 not stable at .7 %, does that vary from rock to rock compared to U238? For long I thought uranium was 500x more common then gold, which is true, it’s just only .7% of that is an Isotope that is fissile. So that makes it less then 5x more common then gold. Didn’t understand the whole enriching process.

Upvote 0
What do you say these three colors of rocks represent, that are found together. I looked up what can cause gold soil, and it said mica, but I have zero or so mica here, so it’s obviously coming from the stone, that is what? The black in the porous stone reminds me of cancer infecting the stone, it’s very conspicuous. I’m getting a consensus that I shouldn’t burn uranium, but also clear that this isn’t uranium, so I can burn it, it turns a pretty purple red like the oxidized layer at haile mine. I also Remember I had thin lines of gold and flakes of metal forging out of high quality ore, last time I fired it, ore brought out of the forest.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back