🔎 UNIDENTIFIED This is gold ore, right?

centralveindelta0

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2024
This is a link that show the top rock more than lower as gold ore, I think. This is from where I live.
The lower part of my land doesn’t appear to have gold, at least close to surface. I had worked the cow fields, a stones throw away, cleaning it of rocks, and didn’t find any of the same types of rocks. There is also a sizable quantity of white quartz where I live.
There is also of the same grain as the golden rock, white or gray ore, that I suppose as silver ore, but much less of it.
When digging in the red clay, there are vertical lines of gold or silver mud. I had a friend that said he had documents of his property mined for gold, at a springhead. At this location the road was recently dredged in ditch, there was also gold and silver mud, along with the common red mud.
This is a photo of what I supposed was silver ore, I found it in a vein, of gold ore, with flakes of black uranium. This was found on a power line cut.
On area hiking trails, is a few area of gold ore, this with striation of black uranium. All this ore is very porous, so it ends up looking just like red clay. I think gold is one of the most common elements here on trails, just not in large quantities. Probably valuable only for rock collectors, who don’t know they walk over it, as most trails have a spot or two of ore rocks. It’s more the oily looking uranium that you look for than gold.
I once found some uranium ore, very porous, light and black. One of the stones found, had huge quartz like I’ve never seen. They were near erosion ditches that I thought where mines, but idk any more. They went in the fire before I knew what it was. It did hurt me later, bruise me, then I thought, I found this in a forest that they burn, it can’t hurt that much, so I put some crumbles in my shoe, it did hurt, and I was limping for a few days. I do like to burn rock, I put gold ore with uranium flakes in fire, it turns a pretty red purple color, and I could see some pure gold smelting out. Does uranium turn radioactive in fire? I know it doesn’t violently fission obviously.
Sorry for lack of pictures, I habitually bury rocks with charcoal, so I don’t have many rocks.

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpeg
    IMG_0013.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 60
Upvote 2
Is the U235 not stable at .7 %, does that vary from rock to rock compared to U238? For long I thought uranium was 500x more common then gold, which is true, it’s just only .7% of that is an Isotope that is fissile. So that makes it less then 5x more common then gold. Didn’t understand the whole enriching process.
You can bone up by understanding 'Transport Phenomena' by Bird, R.B., Stewart, W.E. and Lightfoot, E.N. -- I found the lectures captivating . They discuss diffusion, among almost all the other things that make the world go round. Get your very own copy, mine is from the 70's.

Upvote 1
Silver ore is black like that in my picture. Gold ore can come in many forms, usually, but not always found in quartz. Iron stains are a good indication gold MAY be present.Gold can be found in silver ore, or any rock that has had volcanic activity, including granite,basalt.

Crush, pan, verify.If gold in your area is in the sulfides (research) then you will need to roast.
20210123_183555.jpg

Upvote 0
That was some nifty Sherlock'ing on your behalf. :notworthy:

Still cant figure if OP is on shrooms or just an attention troll.:confused:
hardly. Who thinks of putting rocks and dirt in their shoes because the forest had burned?

We have had at least 1 poster that is obsessed with rocks here.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back