THINGS THAT GLOW IN THE DARK

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
I live for the days I can go out and find something that connects to the area and period I am hunting.

Coins with the appropriate date; bottles found near an industrial site that were produced during the same period as the site; a shooting gallery duck from and amusement park that closed in the 40''s. The value of the item is unimportant. Those are the things that make my day.

These came from a forest preserve woods s/w of Chicago. Was checking out an area and found these two about 4 inches down. The area had other uses at another time, as the photo shows.

all have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Attachments

• atom1 (Small).JPG
    atom1 (Small).JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 756
  • atom2 (Small).JPG
    atom2 (Small).JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 741
Upvote 0
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
The area had other uses at another time, as the photo shows.

Did you just stumble upon it, or did you know it was there?
Probably would have freaked me out if I just stumbled upon it.
HH!
ahh

Nana,
the area is open to the public for hiking, etc. The actual site is just a small part of the area. Think that it is safe enough as long as you don't go in with a bulldozer.

Haupin,
just a bit of a glow on my fingertips after a week, should all be gone this year. ::)

Ashleen,
I knew it was in the area somewhere; was not aware that there was a marker,(monument).

all have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Great piece of history...WTG!!! It don't look like they buried the reactor deep enough though...
Don't ya just love the way the government always takes a piece of land that has had hazardous waist on it and turn it into a park, school, or someplace else they want pepole to goto and enjoy the scenery... There is a park here in Indy that used to have a lead factory on it, perfect place to let your kids play...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back