Then and now

Ya can't abuse em they respond much better if you treat em with love & respect :)
034.JPG

The good old days, when you could pick up a hitch-hiker without any fear; and when cars came in all different colors and designs.
Don........
I remember just getting out of the crowbar hotel, for not dimming my headlights, and driving under suspension (by one day)
Got the wrecker to pull /67 Galaxie out of the compound.
Delivered it to the highway, first hitchhiker I stopped.
"You got a licence?"
OUI-
Ok drive, and I went to sleep in the backseat for the next 5 hrs.

Late to the party here. But where I am in country Aus I still pick them up and if I really had to Id hitch hike. In central Victoria its like 20 yrs back. We still say "g,day mate" if we walk past someone and make eye contact, even the kids say g,day mate. Anyone broken down on the road only waits max 10 cars go past till someone stops to help, I stop for everyone. The old days still exists here where I am. But travel say 100 ks towards Melbourne from our town and its like apocalypse! Nobody stops, if they do they'll probably rob you. You see rubbish on the sides of the road, mattresses, bottles, Macca's junk, its like going from the 1990s nice to Mad Max in just 100ks.
Went there just a few days ago. Misses said "please, please, lets never go to Melbourne again!"
I agreed.
I picked up a hitchhiker once. He said ARN'T you AFFRAID of him being a serial Killer ? To which i replied . WHAT DO you THINK the ODDS are of TWO SERIAL KILLERS in the SAME CAR at the SAMe TIME and I GRINNED> TO WHICH HE DEMANDED I STOP the CAR and LETR HIM OUT !!! HAHAAHAHAH (JOKE)

Buddy picked up a hitchhiking nutcase.
Guy pulls a knife.
Buddy just puts it down to the mat.
Looks over and said see we're doing 125 mph, I'm wearing my seat belt, and your nit. I'm going to F you up on that bridge abutment.
Throw it out the window.
Buddy got the car stopped on the other side of the bridge.
Kicked the living shit out of the guy, the cops picked up the nutcase and charged him after his medical stay.

Really cool stories I have just read. Only wish I had some this interesting. God love ya'll

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back