THE WEATHER THREAD - Whats your weather like where you are today ?

20's today, iced roads and an inch or so of snow
not bad for first taste of winter on jan 10!!

Rained good yesterday... low 70's ...
Today looks clear... mid 70's.

I wish to thank ya'll in the gulf states and surrounding area for the warm temps and drenching rain you sent our way here in NE Mass.

Washed away the inch of stubborn snow that's been here for days, and I'm hopefull it'll thaw the inch of frozen tundra we've had for a week.

You gave me one Last chance of detecting Sunday...Thank you!
Cause Monday will start a week deep freeze...and snow. :)

Last edited:
Rain and crappy weather on the way...
Scheduled for tomorrow morning sometime through weekend.

Cold and windy today. But a warming trend is on the way. Saturday will hit near 60 then more snow and cold starting on Sunday.

Blizzard warning starting tomorrow through Sunday morning. Winds up to 50 MPH. 1-2 feet of snow. Possibly more. Gotta love weather in Baltimore!

Well we are about to pay for the nice December weather we had with a January blizzard. At lest they are no longer talking feet of snow, but the wind Will be bad....power outages anyone?

Front came through this morn...
Not really cold at all today... but seriously rained.

Cold coming in as we speak... dropping for weekend ... windy as heck.

No outages here.

It's blizzardy here right now. Watching out my front window as things 100 feet away disappear due to the heavy Wind driven snow. So far we still have power. Hoping it stays that way.

Well, either my neighbor down the street woke up and turned off his floodlights or part of my neighborhood just lost power. The wind and snow are incredible right now.

8:00 a.m. 1 hr. South of Chicago. Very sunny & a nice 25 degrees. We missed the snow.

N E Maryland
It snowed all night. !3" on ground and still coming down. It is now coming from the N.??
Blue went out for his morning leak and ran right back in when he finished. When it gets up to his pecker, I guess it is to cold for him. LOL Frank.

LOTS OF SNOW HERE IN MIDDLE TN. We hardly ever get snow and when we do it's usually just a dusting and gone the next day. Ice is more of a problem here. Especially when it's raining and the temp hangs between 30 - 34 degrees. We got about 6-8" quickly here on our ridge top. And, it sprinkled rain all Fri. night and then started to snow about 7:30 am. Here our ridge has a blanket of ice under all the snow.

I hate this snow and I have the same problem as ole' Blue does.... Took a leak off the deck yesterday and that snow was cold... burrrrrrrr. :tongue3:

temp 20's, about 20 inches of snow so far with a 100 percent chance of oh sh.. more is coming:BangHead: 001.JPG

Well here in SE Mass. the wind is blowing and gusting it is cold! The snow has just started to fall lightly, but I'm sure that will change momentarily.
The weatherman were all over the place, first they said feet, then 7-12 ,1-3, ....I'm not sure if they ate giving snow totals or sports scores!
Best I can tell Ya, I'll measure it tomorrow when it's done and I'm a shovel'n it!
Stay safe and warm out there!

S. Florida, is WINDY 25mph+ to 50+mph gusts. Outta the west northwest..... :BangHead:

My aluminum roof on my screen room lifted up an hour or so ago. :BangHead:
Right now I got various sections (9 total) held down with:
3 heavy pry bars (one for each snap together section)
1 heavy plumbers crescent wrench
1 heavy duty bolt cutter
1 heavy hand tamp
1 heavy sledge heavy
1 heavy duty u-joint holder for lifting heavy 1000+lb. loads
1 heavy coffee can of fishing lead

reattached and secured the wood to aluminum with chopsticks and E6000 jewelers glue (for now). :laughing7:

Looking for the husbands hand weights now...... :dontknow:
Ya'll hang on, stay warm, be safe, and good luck! :notworthy:

Well done! Gotta be inventive in this life! Heavy duty long tow chain works well

Today in Boulder county Colorado we hit a high of 60° . Still didn't melt all the snow on the ground and I took a long walk. Sure was muddy, but a great day to break ice. That's something my dog likes to do. :icon_scratch: The weather says a cool down is coming in by Sunday afternoon. Big game here tomorrow. Who's gonna win this one. Odds favor the Patriots, but I'll be rooting for the Denver Broncos.:hello2:

Attachments

• IMG_20160120_115105.jpg
    IMG_20160120_115105.jpg
    846.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I have 10 more cm of snow for tomorrow and then two days coming at plus 8 but I don't think it'll have much effect on all the snow,ice and rock hard ground to help much! [emoji27]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back