THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

It's good to see you around after all that chaos with still a few more miles left in the tank, a few more ks to go. :laughing7:
looks as though the other storms are not going to amount to much... which is a relief... we can breath easier now.
The mosquitos are horrendous past week.... all the standing water.
They love me... i am chewed up... and itching.
even some in the house i am on the hunt for.

looks as though the other storms are not going to amount to much... which is a relief... we can breath easier now.
The mosquitos are horrendous past week.... all the standing water.
They love me... i am chewed up... and itching.
even some in the house i am on the hunt for.
Was out on the property yesterday and it was the first time I didn't encounter a mosquitoe.

Migration is a beautiful thing.
Your welcome.

Screenshot_20241017_063532_Weather Network.jpg

The fog is lifting and it looks like another beautiful day.
20241017_085837.jpg

Get out and enjoy the bug free fall.
(Ticks are alive 😡)

What shall I do today?

Made room for a woodshed behind the sugar shack.
80 ft 6" tree oh that was fun moving it.

Just throttled the 85hp Thomas skidsteer up.

Took a few pushing matches, a little root ball lifting.
Timber!
4" + the 2" where nothing.

So many Ash, pine, Beech, Birch trees are dead and leaning on others on the property now.
Bit scary walking on the trails.

Not that it's any help to know this. Life has taught me. In this current world? Having children has nothing to do with anything.

I can only speak my own mind. But, suffice it to know that I came from a big family, made one as big. Grandkids, great grandkids....etc. And....I am as *alone* as the definition states.

Haven't seen nor heard from *ANY* of my so called family in *YEARS*!

They're all too busy making their *own* traditions!

My take? If everyone is about making their own traditions....there are *no* "traditions"!

They'll find me one day....lying next to that 50 dollar gold piece I had dug up. Then, they'll take the coin, shove me in a pot, and go about their tradition building. 🙄

TRUTH.

You have my sympathy, empathy and prayers. But having children? Nothing.
Thanks WD.... I and the wife for years felt as we were ridiculed for not having them. ON the bright side we spoil each other and happy not having them when we see those unruly bastards acting up or how to raise them in this society .... I'm ok with it, just doing the best as good children for the rents as we can

Some countries will arrest "children" who do nothing for their elders.
Another thing besides children is poor healthcare. Man our system is a wreck. Mainly the rural areas, cities not so bad. Definitely better in other countries, but I guess a tit for tat on medical options. The money spent on schools should show better outcome, but there's that word "work." Hard to find anyone will do it now. All standing with their hands out for more $:dontknow:

Thanks WD.... I and the wife for years felt as we were ridiculed for not having them. ON the bright side we spoil each other and happy not having them when we see those unruly bastards acting up or how to raise them in this society .... I'm ok with it, just doing the best as good children for the rents as we can
Many years ago a Italian gentleman that was a customer at my scrap yard said this.
"Jimmy who are you going to keace all this to.
You should have children "

I knew his family history somewhat.

I said: How's your father doing in the care home?

There was a hesitant look, and reply.
"Oh he's doing OK"

I stated then:
"I guess you go up regularly to see him"

(He lived only a few blocks away)

He hung his head, and stated it had been weeks.

I said: Look don't beat yourself up over that.
Life grabs us all, there's no time it seems to fit everything in a day.

Another thing besides children is poor healthcare. Man our system is a wreck. Mainly the rural areas, cities not so bad. Definitely better in other countries, but I guess a tit for tat on medical options. The money spent on schools should show better outcome, but there's that word "work." Hard to find anyone will do it now. All standing with their hands out for more $:dontknow:
We used to have a pretty decent health care system.
Then the cold virus scam changed everything.
So many gave up their practices, Healthcare workers at every level quit.

Now it seems the bottom tier level of service is the GPs.
Each has a 1000 patients.
From having spending 10 day in the hospital a month ago, it's a real problem.

We used to have a pretty decent health care system.
Then the cold virus scam changed everything.
So many gave up their practices, Healthcare workers at every level quit.
Same thing happened here. But a few managed to start their own practices "outside" the health care system, which turned out to be a bonus to all involved. I've got a "membership" with an independent doctor-run clinic now, paid annually. They don't take insurance, so they're not bound up in all the red tape that comes with it. I can see the doc as often as I want under the membership, and I only pay for any extras (X-Rays, blood work, procedures, etc), all of which are priced very reasonably. Tthe doctors are nurses are the most pleasant I've ever dealt with, and they have never tried to push anything on me (procedure, drug, or anything). I would happily take this over the traditional doctors and hospitals all day long.

Same thing happened here. But a few managed to start their own practices "outside" the health care system, which turned out to be a bonus to all involved. I've got a "membership" with an independent doctor-run clinic now, paid annually. They don't take insurance, so they're not bound up in all the red tape that comes with it. I can see the doc as often as I want under the membership, and I only pay for any extras (X-Rays, blood work, procedures, etc), all of which are priced very reasonably. Tthe doctors are nurses are the most pleasant I've ever dealt with, and they have never tried to push anything on me (procedure, drug, or anything). I would happily take this over the traditional doctors and hospitals all day long.
We generally see a Naturopath and today it's acupuncture.

Here's a few words from her introduction.

"My practice is based on energy medicine. I integrate acupuncture with advances in auricular and bioenergetic medicine. Auricular medicine bridges acupuncture and classical Chinese medicine with principles of biotherapeutic drainage and detoxification."

After what was pumped into my veins for 10 days, I need a whole lot of detoxification.

Sometimes we need regular medication but generally one treat the symptoms without big Pharma.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back