THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Oh I think I would of liked that guy.🤣

I had 1980s F600 military flat deck, 1968 Military Uni-Mog.

Lots of equipment for the scrap yard.

I bought surplus for yrs from the decommissioned Downsview Base.

I'm a used/reuse type of guy.
(Granted I have a hard head it seems)🤣
yep, sounds like you would have fit in well at that place Pepper. I'll have to dig up old photos one day. We fabricated lots of steel construction for the nearby military bases. Hence the love of military equipment, (various cranes, trucks, loaders....) . We would do million dollar military/state jobs to the smallest waterfront dock repair. I was our diver on salvage and repair projects. Mostly contract work for state (bridges etc)... besides being equipment operator and so forth... lol
Probably one of the most rewarding jobs of artifact finding ever. (Antique bottles/ prehistoric oyster shells/ antique bells/ unexploded ordinances :icon_scratch: on and on...
The good ole care free single man days :headbang:

yep, sounds like you would have fit in well at that place Pepper. I'll have to dig up old photos one day. We fabricated lots of steel construction for the nearby military bases. Hence the love of military equipment, (various cranes, trucks, loaders....) . We would do million dollar military/state jobs to the smallest waterfront dock repair. I was our diver on salvage and repair projects. Mostly contract work for state (bridges etc)... besides being equipment operator and so forth... lol
Probably one of the most rewarding jobs of artifact finding ever. (Antique bottles/ prehistoric oyster shells/ antique bells/ unexploded ordinances :icon_scratch: on and on...
The good ole care free single man days :headbang:
Oh the younger man's life.
Lots of energy and peaceful times.

65b2254e47f577fb.jpg

I think I counted 10 or 11 people. Not sure if the leaning one is a person or a pylon.
Need more people for drops it seems.
That or a local sucks it dry.
At least you gave it a try.
I was happy enough just to find this. The quietest sand I've ever hunted. Had to throw a dime down a couple times just to make sure the detector was working!
That was pretty early in the morning. The beach was filling when I left.
I'm sure it gets hammered regularly.

I was happy enough just to find this. The quietest sand I've ever hunted. Had to throw a dime down a couple times just to make sure the detector was working!
That was pretty early in the morning. The beach was filling when I left.
I'm sure it gets hammered regularly.
It sucks when we need to check to see if the coil is working.

Now that's a good meet up.
He's certainly dug his fair share of holes.
Best of luck to the both of you in the hunt.
Thanks Pepper, I'm sure it'll be a fun day either way!

I found drilling a pilot hole really is a good thing.
Spikes are going out as the Dodo bird.
There's so many great structural fasteners now.
I used these 8" to screw the bracing to the walls in the 25'x40' garage when I raised it 32".
Used an electric impact gun to drive them.
Never stripped a head.
Only bent one when I hit a knot in a piece of oak.
Ever use a bit of a bar of soap to lubricate the threads before drilling?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back