THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Has anybody ever seen a horn that could move a car? 🤷‍♂️🙄
Yep.
800898bc-ezgif.com-optimize.gif

I need to get the blade sharpened and cleaned up.
Then put it out for sale.View attachment 2173725
Oh I remember this beast! Ran one a many a times building docks and seawalls (before fiberglass walls)
Built a wooden bridge for a lady one time so she could reach her island across the swamp. Oh my poor arms, swinging a 2# hammer to drive 12" nails in 3" thick deck boards :BangHead: (oh and yes this was strong enough to hold a loaded concrete truck💪)

Last edited:
Oh I remember this beast! Ran one a many a times building docks and seawalls (before fiberglass walls)
Built a wooden bridge for a lady one time so she could reach her island across the swamp. Oh my poor arms, swinging a 2# hammer to drive 12" nails in 3" thick deck boards :BangHead:
I found drilling a pilot hole really is a good thing.
Spikes are going out as the Dodo bird.
There's so many great structural fasteners now.
I used these 8" to screw the bracing to the walls in the 25'x40' garage when I raised it 32".
Used an electric impact gun to drive them.
Never stripped a head.
Only bent one when I hit a knot in a piece of oak.

I found drilling a pilot hole really is a good thing.
Spikes are going out as the Dodo bird.
There's so many great structural fasteners now.
I used these 8" to screw the bracing to the walls in the 25'x40' garage when I raised it 32".
Used an electric impact gun to drive them.
Never stripped a head.
Only bent one when I hit a knot in a piece of oak.
Oh yes we had to drill pilots. no way to get them started. Wasn't often we used them but boy I'd would have killed for an air hammer. My arms were like Popeyes after that summer :laughing7:

Oh yes we had to drill pilots. no way to get them started. Wasn't often we used them but boy I'd would have killed for an air hammer. My arms were like Popeyes after that summer :laughing7:
I had to sister in all the floor joists in a renovation.
PL premium and 2"×10".
Nailing was impossible as the spacing between the joists.
Solution was this tool.
Screenshot_20241014_090252_Chrome.jpg

Granted it's a 3 1/2" nailer. But I ground down a cut socket extension. Then just used what ever socket fit the spike head.
Just driving regular galvanized 3 1/2" the nailer did over 5000 without a hitch.

I had to sister in all the floor joists in a renovation.
PL premium and 2"×10".
Nailing was impossible as the spacing between the joists.
Solution was this tool.
View attachment 2173902
Granted it's a 3 1/2" nailer. But I ground down a cut socket extension. Then just used what ever socket fit the spike head.
Just driving regular galvanized 3 1/2" the nailer did over 5000 without a hitch.
exactly,,,, but probably needed one you could stand with :laughing7:
It was early 90s and my Boss was old school military. Seemed like everything we had was bought military surplus. Even our cranes and dump trucks :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back