THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I'm starting to get cabin fever from 4 days of rain....it's been dark for days now
Screenshot_20241008_095917_MyRadar.jpg
it's depressing.

Come on @ARC what is this the best you can do?

Seriously I'm having a real hard time trying to figure this out 30 minutes inland.
So you are getting a motel in Plant City?

I don't get it seriously sir, with all due respect you know what's right and wrong-but.

Why not a 1.5 hrs out like Ocala?

View attachment 2173000

You have jones'd out about every wind fart off the coast of Senegal for the last decade-yet the 100 yr storm is threatening to wipe the Barrier Islands off the map.

Yet you're camping out just 30 minutes away in the cone-I guess I'm missing something here as my logical sense is get the hell out of the whole cone.
Ocala area little over a hour drive-waited too long all booked up, wait in line behind all the other laggers tail lights stuck on the roads.
I just don't get it-I'm sorry but I need a few more :coffee2::coffee2:

The reported storm surge is enough for this guy to say well it's been great knowing you (the area) but it's time to kiss a lot of it goodbye.
It really comes with a heavy heart that the barrier Islands will be just a memory for a lot of people.

View attachment 2173001
Well man its like this....

Most of the time we have gone to Orlando under threat... but it has followed us both times... now granted it sank in strength by the time it was near us so.... ut damages never the less ... so the ride back was grueling to say the least.

You must understand..... there ARE NO hotels available.,, and we LUCKED out with this one.

Now also... One must understand... you do not need to "run far"...
You must run from the water and hide from the wind.
30 minutes out the water will not..... errr.... should not.... be a factor.
The wind will be another matter.
And IF it goes in slightly south then we will not be on the dirty side of it....
NORTH OF- OR ON ya...
Well.... they call it the "dirty side" for a reason.

I appreciate your concern Pepps.... But the Hotel we are going is a modern (4 yo) coded building.
Same as a shelter... designed FOR this.
Its the safest place we can be with all considerations.
You must also remember...
IF you go far and its devastation in your way home...
YOU WONT BE GOING HOME for a Loooooooong time.

Well man its like this....

Most of the time we have gone to Orlando under threat... but it has followed us both times... now granted it sank in strength by the time it was near us so.... ut damages never the less ... so the ride back was grueling to say the least.

You must understand..... there ARE NO hotels available.,, and we LUCKED out with this one.

Now also... One must understand... you do not need to "run far"...
You must run from the water and hide from the wind.
30 minutes out the water will not..... errr.... should not.... be a factor.
The wind will be another matter.
And IF it goes in slightly south then we will not be on the dirty side of it....
NORTH OF- OR ON ya...
Well.... they call it the "dirty side" for a reason.

I appreciate your concern Pepps.... But the Hotel we are going is a modern (2004) coded building.
Same as a shelter... designed FOR this.
Its the safest place we can be with all considerations.
You must also remember...
IF you go far and its devastation in your way home...
YOU WONT BE GOING HOME for a Loooooooong time.
Back in the 80's I partied in the motel bar, not heeding the warning of get out. (Can't even remember the party)
It wasn't a major concern to this Canuck really-down graded storm to a Tropical event.

Though I was rudely awakened by the authorities the next AM.
Yes it was a "You get your ass out of this room now-collect it and move it!"

Really now what's the issue really folks-the blue Samsonite suitcases were floating.:laughing7:
The water was lapping the bottom of the boxspring mattress.
Water flowing down the painted cinderblock wall.

I open the privacy curtain, and hot damn the Atlantic was filling the pool.
Certainly a sight to be seen, the force of Mother Nature.

I looked out the door, and this big old palm tree was laying just behind the trunk lid of the /76 TBird.

Still fully impaired I can't remember how the tree was removed, or much after that awakening.:dontknow:
I kind of file this away in the file of I dodged a Darwin theory event.
Certainly I thanked the little Guardian Angel that was working overtime saving this stupid ass once again.

Back... another break... i have to take em... i am on the downside of it all (prep wise and packing)..

Whe-ew .... sheeesh..... luckily there has been a real good breeze during this all.....

BUT....
Repeat...
That is just the storms early warning to us....
and we hear it saying...
"My name is Milton... and I am coming... Here is your warning"

I will slowly begin to wrap things up... finally.
You would think we would have been ready... and we are always to an extent... but when you face the possibility of water in your home..... well...............
What you prep.... you might save... so........
Stuff all high up off ground etc. etc etc

And then there is the worst case scenario.......
you come back to a pile of rubble.
So.....
If you dont want to lose it....
You better take it with you.
There are levels of concern for different things you own... and some things ... like the frigging couch... that you just have to kiss goodbye when you leave.
OR...
You do like some....
And rent a big ass moving truck...
And pack your whole house in it and boogie.
Believe it or not.... many do this.

Anyway..... break now...... break over,,,,, will be back at least one more time it seems.

I see Oprah (the liberal party’s talking binge & purge doll) has a special on TV tonight. Interviewing the granddaughter of Elvis. Oh my, special isn’t the word I’d choose.
She must not be getting enough press.
On a positive note: she won’t find any less Oak Island treasure than the Laginas have. 😆

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back