THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

My companies main office and buildings are in NC right where all the flooding happened. No power and most buildings got flooded and submerged a real time disaster. We can’t get any product delivered. It will be at least 2 weeks. Not sure how this will pan out for me and getting my hours and pay

54261862cb646d62.jpeg

A friend taught me to use a staff. Recently I got a shillelagh, same principle... and there is a martial arts style based on the shillelagh. I'm trying to become an Irish citizen so I need to fit in! :hello2:I helped my cousin a lot when younger with bail enforcement... they call them "bounty hunters" in the movies. :dontknow:That was a learning experience. Hey I'm typin' bold!!!:headbang:
Yeah I saw that shillelagh thing I think you posted the other week. We use cricket bats. Kidding. Maybe.
Great tune.

Bumper crop of acorns this year.

I probably will gather them up for the next while and put them out later in the winter for the resident deer.

View attachment 2171473View attachment 2171474
Double reply. Oh well.
I saw a show here last week where a lady in greece make acorn flour and biscuits out of it. Supposed to be highly nutritious.

I saw a show here last week where a lady in greece make acorn flour and biscuits out of it. Supposed to be highly nutritious.
Acorns are edible. Native Americans used them quite a bit from what I've read. The trouble is they contain tannins which make them bitter, so you have to soak them to leach the tannins out before they're palatable. Different types of oak have varying levels of tannins. I've not tried them myself, but have always found it an interesting possibility.

Oh, and good morning, everyone!

Acorns are edible. Native Americans used them quite a bit from what I've read. The trouble is they contain tannins which make them bitter, so you have to soak them to leach the tannins out before they're palatable. Different types of oak have varying levels of tannins. I've not tried them myself, but have always found it an interesting possibility.

Yes. They showed them doing that in water beforehand. The show was from here My Greek Odyssey. Tried to find the episode :dontknow:

Good morning!
Our acorn crop was a failure this yr. I have red, pin, burr and black. Only the black has them this yr. The cemetery up the road has 30 huge white oaks and I didn’t see a single acorn when I drove thru. Plenty of walnuts but not a bumper crop. The critters will be hungrier this winter.

Good morning!
Our acorn crop was a failure this yr. I have red, pin, burr and black. Only the black has them this yr. The cemetery up the road has 30 huge white oaks and I didn’t see a single acorn when I drove thru. Plenty of walnuts but not a bumper crop. The critters will be hungrier this winter.
7 yrs ago I collected 225 lbs of acorns off the lawn and yard..

Brought them over to our friends and they fed them to the 2 pigs.

It was like eating popcorn for them.

Prosciutto ham and A famous and possibly the highest quality ham in the world is known as ‘jamón ibérico’ or Iberico Ham. Coming from Portugal and Spain it is known for the pigs having a nearly acorn exclusive diet.

No way to speak to my father....everything has been wiped clean in Burnsville NC. A neighbor says there fine, but no power, no phone, and cut off from main road !!

My companies main office and buildings are in NC right where all the flooding happened. No power and most buildings got flooded and submerged a real time disaster. We can’t get any product delivered. It will be at least 2 weeks. Not sure how this will pan out for me and getting my hours and pay
Yes total destruction in so many areas. Its worse than even televised. Many crews are working feverishly to recover and repair. Unfortunately they are also struggling to get food and ways to cook as well as no power or clean water sources. Pray for everyone 🙏

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back