THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Cellulitis :dontknow:
Then again today was day 2 without crutches.
Ouch and hell no thanks!
Wear boots, tall like snake boots. Maybe invest in Kevlar cloths?

Cellulitis (sel-u-LIE-tis) is a common, potentially serious bacterial skin infection. The affected skin is swollen and inflamed and is typically painful and warm to the touch.
Cellulitis is usually a superficial infection of the skin. But if severe or if left untreated, it can spread into the lymph nodes and bloodstream.
Cellulitis usually affects the lower legs, but it can occur on the face, arms and other areas. The infection happens when a break in the skin allows bacteria to enter.
Left untreated, the infection can spread to the lymph nodes and bloodstream and rapidly become life-threatening. It isn't usually spread from person to person.
Cellulitis is caused when bacteria, most commonly streptococcus and staphylococcus, enter through a crack or break in the skin. The incidence of a more serious staphylococcus infection called methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is increasing.

Ouch and hell no thanks!

Cellulitis (sel-u-LIE-tis) is a common, potentially serious bacterial skin infection. The affected skin is swollen and inflamed and is typically painful and warm to the touch.
Cellulitis is usually a superficial infection of the skin. But if severe or if left untreated, it can spread into the lymph nodes and bloodstream.
Cellulitis usually affects the lower legs, but it can occur on the face, arms and other areas. The infection happens when a break in the skin allows bacteria to enter.
Left untreated, the infection can spread to the lymph nodes and bloodstream and rapidly become life-threatening. It isn't usually spread from person to person.
Cellulitis is caused when bacteria, most commonly streptococcus and staphylococcus, enter through a crack or break in the skin. The incidence of a more serious staphylococcus infection called methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is increasing.
My wife is a sheller. Crazy about collecting shells. She collects shells 🐚 mostly at St. Pete Beach & Lido Beach in Sarasota. Last July we were in Sarasota and she was snorkeling for shells for 3 days. She had a small cut on her shin from yard work that got infected. Diagnosed with Cellulitis and it was bad. Leg swelled, oozed, and was hot to the touch. Lots of antibiotics and just recently it is getting back to normal. Not fun.

Ouch and hell no thanks!

I was showing a painter how we had to lay on Max for obedience training.
I got up, felt a twinge from the hip to the knee, running down the thigh.
Lymph node swells up, ankle starts burning.
They stabbed for the MRSA. But the results don't show for 3-5 days.
So I was getting 6+hrs of intravenous antibiotics a day.
It sure kicked the crap out of the body.

My wife is a sheller. Crazy about collecting shells. She collects shells 🐚 mostly at St. Pete Beach & Lido Beach in Sarasota. Last July we were in Sarasota and she was snorkeling for shells for 3 days. She had a small cut on her shin from yard work that got infected. Diagnosed with Cellulitis and it was bad. Leg swelled, oozed, and was hot to the touch. Lots of antibiotics and just recently it is getting back to normal. Not fun.
July 2024 I hope.
Sounds like the Mrs suffered as well.
I hope she has a total recovery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back