THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

New experience for the 🌶 this morning.
I joined Mrs🫑and went to an annual picture puzzle sale.

Kind of a combination of a Black Friday/Walmart thing.

Some those shoppers are competitive. 🤣

Still @ 6 for $25 it's a good deal.

South fork Chetco river, on the way home from upper Chetco.

View attachment 2157587

View attachment 2157588
Easter island head guarding your gold OV...dig there !!
Screenshot_20240706_095816_Samsung Internet.jpg

A somewhat disappointing water hunt yestermorning. More swimmers than I've ever seen before, but no rings to be found.
Has everybody suddenly learned to take rings off before swimming?
Two other hunters showed up, but left before me, so I'm thinking they didn't have any luck either.
$4.59 in clad, 10 pesos, a 925 earring and a blue (painted?) ring.

Attachments

• IMG_7309.JPG
    IMG_7309.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
A somewhat disappointing water hunt yestermorning. More swimmers than I've ever seen before, but no rings to be found.
Has everybody suddenly learned to take rings off before swimming?
Two other hunters showed up, but left before me, so I'm thinking they didn't have any luck either.
$4.59 in clad, 10 pesos, a 925 earring and a blue (painted?) ring.
The blue ring might be part of a small fidget spinner. Not sure though.

I made to the beach and got one silver ring marked 925. Looks like it has a jade stone, the heart pendant is junk. There was a lot of people enjoying the cooler coastal temps I had to navigate through.
IMG_1052.jpeg
IMG_1053.jpeg

Good evening my lovelies… well we have had quite the week….. get comfy… it’s a doozy!

So David has a younger brother Paul, who is married to Samantha. David has just his mum left and her sister Joyce.

So on Monday Paul text David to say Aunt Joyce had died (she was 88) and that she wanted a cremation … no service. Given that Paul and Sam had stollen £32k from David’s mum, we were more than slightly sceptical.

So I rang the care home and was told Joyce had left instructions she wanted to be buried with her parents in the village she grew up in… hmmm…. So I phoned Sam to explain… perhaps they didn’t know…. Sam was furious with me right off the bat…. Who did I think I was, she had been in the family for 35 years…. Yada yada yada…. I kept cool and stated that if Joyce wanted to be buried… that’s what should happen.

Sam hung up on me, I was confused…..! Then Paul rang me same … not thanks for letting us know of course that’s what we will do… a normal response…. Well I lost it at that point and brought up the £32k they had stollen…. He had nothing… just bluster… being a good detective I had alll the facts and recorded both calls 😆

So on Wednesday I went to the Registery, registered the death, and Friday we went to the funeral home to arrange the burial, then cleared Joyce’s room in the care home, in the last place I checked, I found an old bank statement… so we were able to go to the bank to advise them. Surprise surprise Paul and Sam had already been in touch with them to close the account… 🤬, but today we have spoken to the bank and they will transfer the balance in Joyce’s account to her Sisters account.

Now, to steal money from your mum is low, but to have someone cremated so you can steal their money is pretty horrific behaviour IMO.

To top things off on the way back from the bank I tripped over a kerb and smashed my ex broken leg into the concrete… 😫 …. So didn’t get to go waddling with the furry ones as knee is swollen. Am hopefully that by tomorrow I can bend it enough to go detecting as I feel I need a little de compression time!

Sorry for the rant, but please please please make sure the people you care about are protected from any unscrupulous family members….! Xx 🤗

Good evening my lovelies… well we have had quite the week….. get comfy… it’s a doozy!

So David has a younger brother Paul, who is married to Samantha. David has just his mum left and her sister Joyce.

So on Monday Paul text David to say Aunt Joyce had died (she was 88) and that she wanted a cremation … no service. Given that Paul and Sam had stollen £32k from David’s mum, we were more than slightly sceptical.

So I rang the care home and was told Joyce had left instructions she wanted to be buried with her parents in the village she grew up in… hmmm…. So I phoned Sam to explain… perhaps they didn’t know…. Sam was furious with me right off the bat…. Who did I think I was, she had been in the family for 35 years…. Yada yada yada…. I kept cool and stated that if Joyce wanted to be buried… that’s what should happen.

Sam hung up on me, I was confused…..! Then Paul rang me same … not thanks for letting us know of course that’s what we will do… a normal response…. Well I lost it at that point and brought up the £32k they had stollen…. He had nothing… just bluster… being a good detective I had alll the facts and recorded both calls 😆

So on Wednesday I went to the Registery, registered the death, and Friday we went to the funeral home to arrange the burial, then cleared Joyce’s room in the care home, in the last place I checked, I found an old bank statement… so we were able to go to the bank to advise them. Surprise surprise Paul and Sam had already been in touch with them to close the account… 🤬, but today we have spoken to the bank and they will transfer the balance in Joyce’s account to her Sisters account.

Now, to steal money from your mum is low, but to have someone cremated so you can steal their money is pretty horrific behaviour IMO.

To top things off on the way back from the bank I tripped over a kerb and smashed my ex broken leg into the concrete… 😫 …. So didn’t get to go waddling with the furry ones as knee is swollen. Am hopefully that by tomorrow I can bend it enough to go detecting as I feel I need a little de compression time!

Sorry for the rant, but please please please make sure the people you care about are protected from any unscrupulous family members….! Xx 🤗
Condolances all around regarding the Aunt.
(I have a cemetery map tab saved online from a recent look after realizing my great Aunt who was so involved with us kids no longer has my oldest sister caring for her grave and I'm not sure where in the cemetery it is.)

Hang in there!
Ouch on the kerb.

Some relatives are best loved from a distance. Some from a great distance.

Sincere condolences on your loss, but good on you for looking after her affairs. It's bad enough to have to worry about all the scammers these days, but even worse when they're hanging off the family tree.

Easter island head guarding your gold OV...dig there !!View attachment 2157657
Oh yeh... I see that!! A friend has a few claims up the South fork a few miles, The Easter island/head/bear/coon rock is about 1/8 mile before the South fork joins the main Chetco river.

Condolances all around regarding the Aunt.
(I have a cemetery map tab saved online from a recent look after realizing my great Aunt who was so involved with us kids no longer has my oldest sister caring for her grave and I'm not sure where in the cemetery it is.)

Hang in there!
Ouch on the kerb.

Some relatives are best loved from a distance. Some from a great distance.
Ahh Thanks RC …. It’s disturbing what people will do to get their hands on money…. I do not know how they sleep at night 😞…. Xx

Yes the knee is very ouch…. It took them 4 years to rebuild it and so have major panic attacks about damaging it again, I get a pit in my stomach just watching people jump onto a hard surface 😱 …. Xx

Sincere condolences on your loss, but good on you for looking after her affairs. It's bad enough to have to worry about all the scammers these days, but even worse when they're hanging off the family tree.
Ah thank you xx 🤗 and yes it’s so awful, but I have met some lovely people this week who have gone out of their way to help me when I’ve explained the situation which kinda restored some faith in humanity xx 🤗

Ahh Thanks RC …. It’s disturbing what people will do to get their hands on money…. I do not know how they sleep at night 😞…. Xx

Yes the knee is very ouch…. It took them 4 years to rebuild it and so have major panic attacks about damaging it again, I get a pit in my stomach just watching people jump onto a hard surface 😱 …. Xx
Oh yes. The T.V. funny shows of people falling and hurting themselves a variety of ways can give a very real empathic pang in the shin ( and knee) at times!

Oh yes. The T.V. funny shows of people falling and hurting themselves a variety of ways can give a very real empathic pang in the shin ( and knee) at times!
the mind is a strange thing 😳 … but this was what they had to do to my leg so I guess it makes sense to have a healthy fear of hurting it again 🫣….! xx

IMG_0007.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back