THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Bolt action and lever action get the job done! I bet they have pistol restrictions too.
Absolutely. We have never been allowed them other than a special licence to own one which can only be used at an official gun club for target practice. They can only be transported to and from the club.

Absolutely. We have never been allowed them other than a special licence to own one which can only be used at an official gun club for target practice. They can only be transported to and from the club.
That sucks! Our Sheriff hands out CCW permits non stop. 3 hour class first. I carry a .45 girls both carry 9mm's. We can open carry so when in the forest (we have like 2 million acres) and on gold claims I open carry a 44 mag.

Except when I venture in to California (I'm right on the border) no open carry, no concealed carry... Some of my knives aren't legal there either. We can own full auto switchblades in Oregon.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 16-12-09 brookings oregon weather - Search.png

I carry everywhere. I had a bad experience 30 years or so ago & vowed I'd never be helpless again. Fortunately I've never had to use a weapon now that I have one. Part of it is bring aware of what's happening around you & leaving if things seem iffy.
Situational awareness is something a whole lot of people have none of!

Well I cleaned the tractor parts up. Took the bearing over to buddy's place to get another. He cleaned it up and said it's going to be OK. The race is a tad bent, but will form back into place once everything is pressed in.
I know now what happened.
The last time the bearings blew apart I failed to clean the cap. There was bearing debris in the grease.
2 bearing parts jammed, wore the pin off, a bit of the threaded spindle, unscrewed the the nut.
Oh well it's cleaned out now. 🤣
Someone isn't the brightest light bulb at certain times.

Sunday I'll put all back together again and see if it's a working tractor again.

That sucks! Our Sheriff hands out CCW permits non stop. 3 hour class first. I carry a .45 girls both carry 9mm's. We can open carry so when in the forest (we have like 2 million acres) and on gold claims I open carry a 44 mag.

Except when I venture in to California (I'm right on the border) no open carry, no concealed carry... Some of my knives aren't legal there either. We can own full auto switchblades in Oregon.
We are not even allowed to carry a knife. Cops have now been given permission to randomly use a metal detector to check people.
Trouble is the crims couldn't care less and there are stabbings on the news everyday. Weapon of choice with the Sudanese gangs in the cities are machetes, and they use them too. They home invade and carjack on a daily basis down in Melbourne and hack and stab people, any age.
My sister is a youth worker down that way and she says it's off of the chart what they do and that 90+% never gets reported and is suppressed by the media and police reports. I don't envy her job at all. Don't know how she still does it to be honest. Melbourne is a crime hole.

We are not even allowed to carry a knife. Cops have now been given permission to randomly use a metal detector to check people.
Trouble is the crims couldn't care less and there are stabbings on the news everyday. Weapon of choice with the Sudanese gangs in the cities are machetes, and they use them too. They home invade and carjack on a daily basis down in Melbourne and hack and stab people, any age.
My sister is a youth worker down that way and she says it's off of the chart what they do and that 90+% never gets reported and is suppressed by the media and police reports. I don't envy her job at all. Don't know how she still does it to be honest. Melbourne is a crime hole.
At one time we considered moving to your country.
We thought about it, but it passed quickly.
Now there's not a chance.
Getting the same way here in many ways, but not close yet.

At one time we considered moving to your country.
We thought about it, but it passed quickly.
Now there's not a chance.
Getting the same way here in many ways, but not close yet.
Mate all our major capitals are experiencing unprecedented violence and crime. My nephew was ambushed by 5 guys in Melbourne after leaving a nightclub. He was bashed unrecognisable, he is ok now, but thats common now late night. I'm telling you guys the Australia it was just 10 years ago is a distant memory. The coin has completely flipped to the other side.
Its like a kill switch got flicked! Our society is so immoral, there's actually none left. Everything that was bad is now good and everything good is bad. Still a beautiful place country wise and worth a visit for anyone but avoid like the plague the capital cities. You know I listen to some things from the US every week. One is Crossfire a Christian show, there is often current affairs talking about things going on there in your society and the world. It blows me away hearing how your people are fighting for good rights and how shall I say there is still strong faith and things that here were eroded years ago. I'll put it this way, I see there is still a flame burning for good where you are, ours is just a smouldering wick!

Mate all our major capitals are experiencing unprecedented violence and crime. My nephew was ambushed by 5 guys in Melbourne after leaving a nightclub. He was bashed unrecognisable, he is ok now, but thats common now late night. I'm telling you guys the Australia it was just 10 years ago is a distant memory. The coin has completely flipped to the other side.
Its like a kill switch got flicked! Our society is so immoral, there's actually none left. Everything that was bad is now good and everything good is bad. Still a beautiful place country wise and worth a visit for anyone but avoid like the plague the capital cities. You know I listen to some things from the US every week. One is Crossfire a Christian show, there is often current affairs talking about things going on there in your society and the world. It blows me away hearing how your people are fighting for good rights and how shall I say there is still strong faith and things that here were eroded years ago. I'll put it this way, I see there is still a flame burning for good where you are, ours is just a smouldering wick!
Can you guys own pepper ball guns or tasers?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back