THE KING OF CANNONBALLS! 42 POUNDER

How in the hell did you get it up to the surface? Or did you just walk to shore in your flippers? That is one hell of a cannonball.

Awesome find, had to have been a real handful to manage!

great_find.gif
Cool! Thanks for sharing...

That's a big one for sure. I hope you had a lift bag with you, I have brought up many 32pounders and I now that it is very hard to do with out a lift bag.
Nice find, let me know if you need help up there, I am sure I can free up a week to dive with you, I'll bring my boat and maybe bring Mike along.
ZDD

Last edited:
I can't imagine what it was like getting that out of the water. Awesome find- congrats! :headbang:

Whoa! That thing is huge! Wow! Congrats!

Good Lord that's a nice one especially with the wood plug! Any broad arrow on that one? Congratulations! :occasion14:

Steve

that find would make my year. nice finds as usual. and it has the wood sabot to boot. congrats.

Wow. I didn't see the wooden plug the first time I looked at this post. Its amazing that survived too.

Nice item, know next to nothing about them, think that the only way any will turn up out here is if someone used it for a door stopper at their homestead! One of those should break through the slight disc that I use while field hunting easy, only thing is would I dig that wide a signal, out here deep and wide usually means tin or brass sheet metal roofing 4 to 6 foot deep lol !

MAN!!!

I Wish that I could get into that type of hunting.

Most of the water ways around here are not that historical , unless I go down to Savannah ( Still a 5 hr drive)
Maybe I can " Live The Dream" sometime in the Future.
Why Complain
I'm Cool .
Keep up those Historic Finds & Be Safe.:thumbsup:
Davers

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back