• ForumRunner_20121122_184159.png
    ForumRunner_20121122_184159.png
    263.3 KB · Views: 111
  • ForumRunner_20121122_184114.png
    ForumRunner_20121122_184114.png
    262.1 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 0
rock said:
It just makes the price higher and the prices are already so low. How can you make a profit? And there are so many who will just sign their name to anything for a buck.

No one who plans on staying in business with a good reputation for any length of time will sign just anything for a buck. but there's loads of people who will sell just anything for a buck.

GatorBoy said:
No one who plans on staying in business with a good reputation for any length of time will sign just anything for a buck. but there's loads of people who will sell just anything for a buck.

I read a post on here a few days back, I think Viking posted, that had a sweet piece from e-bay on it. The piece was authenticated by a dude that was apparently famous among the collecting community. I had never heard of him, but Matt knew a lot about the guy, as did Viking. They said that this particular authenticator used invisible ink over top of his signature and a few other security tactics, in order to keep his good name. It was interesting reading what Matt and Viking knew about the certificate that this cat signed. I would not know enough about the experts and their unique authentication papers to ever get into buying stuff. It's something one better study before laying big bucks down. I can't see it. Just me

All very interesting info. I think i will stick to my day job to earn money. Dont think i could really part with my finds anyway. It seems i form a bond with every artifact i discover. To know that ancient hands of a nearly forgotten race once sculped these objects never ceases to amaze me. Really makes a guy wonder what will become of our civilization one

digordie said:
All very interesting info. I think i will stick to my day job to earn money. Dont think i could really part with my finds anyway. It seems i form a bond with every artifact i discover. To know that ancient hands of a nearly forgotten race once sculped these objects never ceases to amaze me. Really makes a guy wonder what will become of our civilization one

Exactly

I dont sell my personal items. If you figure a guy has passed and his family just sees rocks well what do you think happens to them? Either they get given away or sold. That is how most artifacts get into the system. When I find my own it is totally different. However I do buy and sell if the price is rite on others. 5 yrs ago your item would of fetched 75 to 100 but now you would be lucky to get 30 to 40. You asked

Thanks for letting me know. Its the first one i have ever found. They have a really cool shape to them. So why are artifact prices/ values going down these days?

Thanks for letting me know. Its the first one i have ever found. They have a really cool shape to them. So why are artifact prices/ values going down these days?

There are so many modern ones on the market and their prices are cheap on them it brings the prices down on the real ones. I dont and dont care to learn how to knapp. I feel it is taking the NA heritage of stone artifacts away and it is an insult to the ancient man. JMO

digordie said:

My favorite person ( other than Otis Redding) is Albert Einstein. He says we will go back to primitive ways.

Also, you ask when these tools were made. From what I understand late archaic. About 5200 years ago. Right guys?? Google will give you a boat load of info on these tools! Nice find. Also, Rock, I must say, I respect the fact that you save artifacts from being thrown away. So many people, including myself, do not think about the justice that dealers do these artifacts. Since knowing you, I realize it isn't all money. Their is a true love there for artifacts.

rock said:
There are so many modern ones on the market and their prices are cheap on them it brings the prices down on the real ones. I dont and dont care to learn how to knapp. I feel it is taking the NA heritage of stone artifacts away and it is an insult to the ancient man. JMO

I'm sorry but I have to comment on that! How on earth Could you look at Taking the time to learn What they taught their children Generation after generation as an insult!!! And saying that immediately after you comment about not being able to get enough money!!! I'm sorry my friend but it's the outlook that you seem to have that is the insult!! Trying to make an American dollar profit off of pieces of their history is fine to you?? But caring enough to learn what they knew you consider an insult??? Think about that. ROCK These are your prices on the ancient relics forum.. adze..35-95 $..hoes 35-95$..pestels..12-24 $dollars. You think that is not insulting. Would you think that learning to start a fire with only what nature provided you with to be an insult? What about,hunting down and killing natures creatures to feed yourself and your family with stones fashioned into weapons the way your ancestors taught you? What about passing down the knowledge of how to do that? Is that insulting? How about I'll give you 35 dollars for that adze? JMO. ! This is a perfect example Of how money Dirty's everything.

Last edited:
Also, you ask when these tools were made. From what I understand late archaic. About 5200 years ago. Right guys?? Google will give you a boat load of info on these tools! Nice find. Also, Rock, I must say, I respect the fact that you save artifacts from being thrown away. So many people, including myself, do not think about the justice that dealers do these artifacts. Since knowing you, I realize it isn't all money. Their is a true love there for artifacts.
Did you get the pics I sent you today? I was killing it!

I'm sorry but I have to comment on that! How on earth Could you look at Taking the time to learn What they taught their children Generation after generation as an insult!!! And saying that immediately after you comment about not being able to get enough money!!! I'm sorry my friend but it's the outlook that you seem to have that is the insult!! Trying to make an American dollar profit off of pieces of their history is fine to you?? But caring enough to learn what they knew you consider an insult??? Think about that. ROCK These are your prices on the ancient relics forum.. adze..35-95 $..hoes 35-95$..pestels..12-24 $dollars. You think that is not insulting. Would you think that learning to start a fire with only what nature provided you with to be an insult? What about,hunting down and killing natures creatures to feed yourself and your family with stones fashioned into weapons the way your ancestors taught you? What about passing down the knowledge of how to do that? Is that insulting? How about I'll give you 35 dollars for that adze? JMO. ! This is a perfect example Of how money Dirty's everything.

Look at how these fine artifacts were saved from disaster. If left in the fields they would be wasted. Not everyone has them in their collections. I am doing them a favor by offering them a chance to have one. And at a very cheap price at that. You cant go out and buy these at those prices for REAL artifacts. So I dont agree with you and you dont agree with me...........Who cares?

Good question... you save artifacts haha.. that's rich.

Nah man..that's not me its super arrowhead man. He's just a mild mannered hairdresser in quartzland during the week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back