Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What an incredible day for me my first Barber dime last week and I just got blessed with a 1875 Seated Dime. They're ready to make this area a subdivision and I saw a lot of broken dish ware all over, not to mention there's a huge mound of this dirt. Then I noticed that they were spreading it all over. Hitting the mound was rough so I went off to where the truck had been pulling in and out and I hit it....2 inches deep. Unbelievable day. IMG_0012.JPGIMG_0014.JPG

I already called off work tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 48
congrats on the awesome silver, hammer that spot as hard as you can, bound to be some more

Always a wonderful surprise, old silver! Congrats.

But....let me give you a bit of advice.....don't endanger your "day job". ;) LOL

Congrats sir!

That is a really sweet little coin!

What an incredible day for me my first Barber dime last week and I just got blessed with a 1875 Seated Dime. They're ready to make this area a subdivision and I saw a lot of broken dish ware all over, not to mention there's a huge mound of this dirt. Then I noticed that they were spreading it all over. Hitting the mound was rough so I went off to where the truck had been pulling in and out and I hit it....2 inches deep. Unbelievable day. View attachment 1450141View attachment 1450143

I already called off work tomorrow

WTG
Truth123
A Capped Bust Should be coming along shortly. Keep at it ,as yr def, on a Hot Streak.

Congrats on that silver and hit that before they put it out of your reach for good. Glad you rescued that dime before it was lost for who knows how long if ever to be found.

Congrats! It looks kind of funny to me though? Is it real?

Congrats! It looks kind of funny to me though? Is it real?

I did the silver test, it weight the same and I did the magnet tilt test. So far it's real. I think it might have been holed and broke. Not sure.

Yeah this looks counterfeit to me as well. The way it is chipped/broken and the look of it. And don't take that as me trying to be negative, because i found two seateds (my only seateds) in the same hole last year and i think they might be counterfeit as well and in some cases that could make it more valuable and maybe even rare. Cool find either way! Congrats on your first seated!

Awesome hunt-golden opportunity

Yeah this looks counterfeit to me as well. The way it is chipped/broken and the look of it. And don't take that as me trying to be negative, because i found two seateds (my only seateds) in the same hole last year and i think they might be counterfeit as well and in some cases that could make it more valuable and maybe even rare. Cool find either way! Congrats on your first seated!

None taken. I'm coin bring it somewhere to have it checked out. Either way I'm happy.

None taken. I'm coin bring it somewhere to have it checked out. Either way I'm happy.

Heck yeah man! I've only found those two and they are displayed...dont really care if they are fake or not haha

I would actually like to find a fake one myself. I like weird stuff. [emoji12]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back