Tesoro vaq or xp deus

Last edited:
And another. The CTX did better in position 2 than I expected. I know the Racer has about blown everything away on that #4 sweep angle, position 2 on his video tests.

Last edited:
I don't like or have faith in most videos.....however, Keith Southen's videos show no brand loyalty and if you do a little research you will see that he has good things to say about most brands if they perform accordingly. Plus I prefer his videos because his dirt there is similar to mine and machines seem to perform similar(depth wise).

I just watched like six of his videos and there was no dirt. He could have probably found some coins if he would have just went detecting.

Yes, this is why I love the Omega. I can run it like a beep & dig & choose not to look at the display in single tone using the (accurate) disc to knock out most smaller nails if desired. I can use AM (one tone), D1 (one tone VCO), or D2 (2 tone VCO, iron is low tone non-ferrous is high tone) if hunting for relics, gold jewelry etc...and switch to 3 or 4 tone for coin/jewelry in parks, schools, etc... To each his own & I really did like the Vaq for nugget shooting in the desert (AM mode only, dig every target that zips) although I never found gold with it I found some small lead shot & that told me it works well enough. it seemed to run fairly stable with a small DD if you kept on top of the GB. As always, JMO. HH

The Omega does sound like a nice detector, for a digital machine. It is made in the US and is an affordable option given all its features. If I was ever in the market for that kind of set up, I would give it strong consideration for those reasons, plus it does have a good reputation.

That being said, there are plenty of videos on YouTube showing the Omega getting mixed tones or jumpy TID on targets, or occasionally giving a good TID indication for a target that ended up being junk. The machine's computer's processor got fooled. From what I have seen and experienced myself, this is the nature of the hobby.

Again as has been said in this thread, it comes down to personal preference: simple analog tone and disc vs. digital processors offering a plethora of setting and mode options.

At this stage of the game, I like the analog tone with nobs and switches, in a few years that might change... Or not.

The Omega does sound like a nice detector, for a digital machine. It is made in the US and is an affordable option given all its features. If I was ever in the market for that kind of set up, I would give it strong consideration for those reasons, plus it does have a good reputation.

That being said, there are plenty of videos on YouTube showing the Omega getting mixed tones or jumpy TID on targets, or occasionally giving a good TID indication for a target that ended up being junk. The machine's computer's processor got fooled. From what I have seen and experienced myself, this is the nature of the hobby.

Again as has been said in this thread, it comes down to personal preference: simple analog tone and disc vs. digital processors offering a plethora of setting and mode options.

At this stage of the game, I like the analog tone with nobs and switches, in a few years that might change... Or not.

I agree, they all get fooled. I do trust the tone more than the ID though. I dig some amount of iron with ALL my detectors, but seemed to dig much more with the V. I also dug more iron with my X-Terra 505 & 18.75 kHz coil than I did with my 7.5 kHz coils, so I believe frequency plays a factor. Also, remember with most detectors, VID is based on shape, size and conductivity. Round, coin sized objects that are lying flat in ground though will always ID more accurately.

Last edited:
I don't have a clue why you think I'm a minelab guy. That's not my main detector. He'll I even own a atp. Just didn't drink the koolaid.

Maybe because 3 of the 5 detectors listed under your name are Minelabs.....?

"Notch" is the best way to leave good stuff in the ground......If you are using notch, i assume you are a coin hunter....if so, a Minelab beats the Deus all day! The Deus is a relic machine with top notch seperation ability and good depth, but its TID is very limited for a coin machine. Coin hunters are the ones selling their Deus for a CTX and relic hunters are selling their CTX for a Deus....

If I dug up all the pull tabs I come across, the park would look like it got roto tilled. So not finding the "treasure" in between nickles and dimes is not my main concern.

If I dug up all the pull tabs I come across, the park would look like it got roto tilled. So not finding the "treasure" in between nickles and dimes is not my main concern.

Takes a lot of nickels and dimes to make 1 gold ring....
I know pulltabs are a pain....i dont always dig them either.

Takes a lot of nickels and dimes to make 1 gold ring....
I know pulltabs are a pain....i dont always dig them either.

Yes I totally agree! every pulltab missed is a possible gold ring missed. I do get tired of them too eventually and dismiss some if they have obvious ID when hitting at multiple angles.

I would like to welcome all of the Tesoro bashers to the TESORO Sub-Forum! :occasion14:

We Love it that you are here, and will do our best to convert you! As an official Tesoro Cult member with pounds of gold nuggets and jewelry in my finds bag, I can tell you that you are in the right spot to learn how to dig MORE treasure with Tesoro machines! You'll also appreciate the money you'll save buying fairly priced, American made machines. So sit back and be ready to be amazed! :skullflag:

I would like to welcome all of the Tesoro bashers to the TESORO Sub-Forum! :occasion14:

We Love it that you are here, and will do our best to convert you! As an official Tesoro Cult member with pounds of gold nuggets and jewelry in my finds bag, I can tell you that you are in the right spot to learn how to dig MORE treasure with Tesoro machines! You'll also appreciate the money you'll save buying fairly priced, American made machines. So sit back and be ready to be amazed! :skullflag:

Terry you hit the nail squarely on the head.:icon_thumleft:

I use and have used a lot of different detector brand models but none of them even comes close to finding as many gold rings as my Tesoro detectors do. At a fraction of the cost of most other detector brand models, Tesoro detectors in the right hands kick butt and are more fun than a barrel of monkeys to use. I guess that's why we are such a loyal and happy bunch.

tabman

Terry you hit the nail squarely on the head.:icon_thumleft:

I use and have used a lot of different detector brand models but none of them even comes close to finding as many gold rings as my Tesoro detectors do. At a fraction of the cost of most other detector brand models, Tesoro detectors in the right hands kick butt and are more fun than a barrel of monkeys to use. I guess that's why we are such a loyal and happy bunch.

tabman

Are you trying to say others won't hit a gold ring? Or do you just ignore then on other detectors. That's sounds like user error.

Are you trying to say others won't hit a gold ring? Or do you just ignore then on other detectors. That's sounds like user error.

No user error here, Tesoro detectors jump on gold rings like a duck on a June Bug that just hit the water.They make you want to dig when you get your coil over one.

In the hands of someone who knows how to use one properly, Tesoro detectors are deadly.

tabman

No user error here, Tesoro detectors jump on gold rings like a duck on a June Bug that just hit the water.They make you want to dig when you get your coil over one.

In the hands of someone who knows how to use one properly, Tesoro detectors are deadly.

tabman

Post like this are the only reason I'm on the Tesoro forum. All detectors will sound off on gold rings if you choose not to dig them it's your fault. It's almost like you are saying that one tone is special over gold and we all know that's not true. I already know what you are going to say it's a sweet tone and just sounds right. We all know that any detector you spend time with will do exactly the same.

Post like this are the only reason I'm on the Tesoro forum. All detectors will sound off on gold rings if you choose not to dig them it's your fault. It's almost like you are saying that one tone is special over gold and we all know that's not true. I already know what you are going to say it's a sweet tone and just sounds right. We all know that any detector you spend time with will do exactly the same.

No................. not all detectors are the same. If they all do the same thing then why pay 3 prices for one that has the weight of a boat anchor. LOL

tabman

No................. not all detectors are the same. If they all do the same thing then why pay 3 prices for one that has the weight of a boat anchor. LOL

tabman

I don't know I don't use one of those. You make outrageous claims and that's all you got. One thing you should do with a fancier detector is just ignore all the silver and iron and dig everything in between and find any gold ring that the Tesoro would hit just like it does everything else but just without any idea what it might be. If you dig more gold with your tesoro, you are also digging more trash. There is no magic like you allude to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back