DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, haven’t been on this site in a long time but wanted to get some opinions.

I bought a Tesoro Mojave with the 7” coil a few years ago for my wife, but alas we just never got out together. It has never been coil to dirt.

There is a spot some friends and I have hit pretty hard over the years with all the latest and greatest detectors. It’s not necessarily the depth of targets at this spot but the iron they are mixed with. We have found a lot of silver in the 2-5 inch range. Just curious, for those who have used this machine, if it could really potentially still pull stuff out that the other machines missed. I don’t get to get out much anymore so when I do I want to make sure I get the most out of my hunt. Just curious what people think.
Thank you

Hello, haven’t been on this site in a long time but wanted to get some opinions.

I bought a Tesoro Mojave with the 7” coil a few years ago for my wife, but alas we just never got out together. It has never been coil to dirt.

There is a spot some friends and I have hit pretty hard over the years with all the latest and greatest detectors. It’s not necessarily the depth of targets at this spot but the iron they are mixed with. We have found a lot of silver in the 2-5 inch range. Just curious, for those who have used this machine, if it could really potentially still pull stuff out that the other machines missed. I don’t get to get out much anymore so when I do I want to make sure I get the most out of my hunt. Just curious what people think.
Thank you
I have one, too. I always hunt with the sensitivity set as high as it will go before it starts to chatter and the discrimination set as low as it will go. I also hunt very slowly. When I hit a target, I slowly increase the discrimination until the sound statrs to disappear. I have kept up with the big boys by doing this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back