Tennessee CW Relics Today & Promoted Our Hobby at Meeting!!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bought a new Predator "Piranha" shovel from George Lesche and just had to try it out despite the heat and humidity last Friday. Acting on a tip from Tennessee Digger, I went to a hill near a U.S. Infantry camp. Unfortunately, the farmers decided to give the freshly cut hay another day to cure so I had to run my F75 over the top of mown hay. Nevertheless, I dug the brass knapsack ring Friday during a short hunt. They baled the hay late Friday so I went out early this am and dug the .44 cal. Colt pistol ball and the .69 cal. musket ball. The lead felt good in my hands as we dig very little in the summer here. No camp there but probably where the Yankees traveled along an old CW road. Certainly not enough relics there for the Tennessee Trio and Tennessee Digger and Julia to go back for.
I was asked to display CSA relics from Gen. John Hunt Morgan camps at the 2012 Morgan's Men Assn. reunion in a local town. The Morgan's Men Association is comprised of descendants of Gen. Morgan and the men who served with him. I set up a table with relics and published articles and/or relics pictured in magazines. There was much interest in the relics and i received a site tip or two there. Take every opportunity to promote our hobby. HH, Quindy.

As Steve of PA pointed out, the brass "D" ring could also be a part of a sword hanger. Thanks Steve.

All relics I post are recovered from private land with permission and I have never (or ever will post) posted anything I did not personally recover with a a detector.

Attachments

• U.S.  Route 8-24 and 27. 2012.jpg
    U.S. Route 8-24 and 27. 2012.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 113
  • MM Assn. Mtg. 8-24-12.jpg
    MM Assn. Mtg. 8-24-12.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 129
  • Piranha Shovel.jpg
    Piranha Shovel.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just want to highlight again, how much this kind of thing helps. You never know when it the future this will payback.

We just had a call from a farmer who asked us to do his land, because we promote the hobby in the same way. Its full of history & we will get many great finds, without even trying.
This is not the first time land has found us.

Nice Museum and collection ...congrats! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back