VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was overcast, damp, and a cold feeling 35 degrees in Tennessee today and it didn't get any warmer. I fed some cattle on my farm and left just after daylight to meet Josh and hunt Col. Allison's C.S.A. Cavalry Camp and East picket post. Dman is still on i.r. (injured reserve) and chomping at the bit to go hunting-especially after today-LOL.
We started in the woods at the picket post that a friend of ours discovered in the 1970s. We immediately started digging percussion caps and soon got bored with them. Some clumsy Confederate Soldier apparently dropped his cap tin or cap box there. We recovered a few round balls and moved back to the camp hill where we found the iron items and carbine bullets on Monday. We dug a few more iron pieces including the nice bridle bit that Josh found and decided to split up and scout the camp perimeter. I bet we dug 30 full horseshoes or pieces today as they are abundant there. Josh dug a couple of fired Enfields and I ventured over to another hill overlooking a large pond. I got a "92" reading on the F75 display and thought it may be a can. It had a very sweet tone and was 5 inches deep . I was pleasantly surprised to see a large silver coin in the clod and hoped it was CW period. It turned out to be the 1900 Barber Half Dollar in the last pic.
I caught up with Josh who drooled all over my coin and remarked how Dman would love that one. We returned to the picket post hill and Josh discovered a few spots with campfire lead where he dug more bullets including a triangle base. He dug the world record cotter pin that he is holding with his bridle bit in the 2nd pic. It's 6 inches long. Attn. Nana-Here's a pic of me holding the half dollar in the third pic.
We hunted about 5 hours in total but were thankful we could get this hunt in before tomorrow's snow. I gave my CW relics to Josh for his display and kept the Barber Half-LOL. Thanks for looking and HH from Dman, Josh, and myself in Tennessee.

Attachments

• C.S. Camp 1-19-11.jpg
    C.S. Camp 1-19-11.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 927
  • Josh at C.S. Camp 1-19-11.jpg
    Josh at C.S. Camp 1-19-11.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 920
  • Quindy with 1900 Barber H. Dollar.jpg
    Quindy with 1900 Barber H. Dollar.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 917
  • !900 Barber Half Dollar dug by Quindy 1-19-11.jpg
    !900 Barber Half Dollar dug by Quindy 1-19-11.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 922
Upvote 0
Great post Quindy! Love that big silver. Keep on digging my friend. Hope you find a hoard real soon. Its cold here and that sure would brighten my day. :icon_thumright:

Nice finds Josh and Quindy :headbang: Always nice to get a big chunk of silver to go along with the relics :hello2: Get well Dman!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Awesome finds..

Nana has me laughing over here !!

You guys are doing great. Congrats on the barber half. About 2 more weeks to go then I will be able to tear it up.

VOL1266-X said:
Nana40 said:
You boys know me too well. :D

Thanks a heap Nana. I prefer ther Hank Jr. look but Kathy likes the second pic-LOL. I'll be glad when MM and Dman get their own cable comedy show (a good title would be Two Diggin' Dummies) so I can turn them OFF-LOL. Snow in Bama-Nah!!. HH, Quindy.

Q-
No need to get our own show, you turned us off just looking at your mug shot. :tongue3: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
Just kidding of course you silver fox. :-*
Can't wait till we can detect together. :thumbsup:
-Your Buddy in NC-

txconservative said:
Awesome finds..

Nana has me laughing over here !!
Texas Lady, you kinda have to know that Nana calls me "Brad" for Brad Pitt (no resemblance unfortunately) and Dman (Doug) is "Burt" for Burt Reynolds. She may get a guest spot on the "Two Diggin' Dummies" comedy show, who knows-LOL. Thanks for looking, Quindy.

thats a great find Quindy.know you and Josh had a great time. i would hunt as much as i could before Dman gets out with you. i think he mink be a jinx >LOL

Its always fun to check out your finds , you guys never fail me,,, super stuff :headbang: , a history lesson in every post !!!!

Just wish there were places like that in my area!!!!

arthur

(Pond Creek) il.

artzstuff1 said:
Its always fun to check out your finds , you guys never fail me,,, super stuff :headbang: , a history lesson in every post !!!!

Just wish there were places like that in my area!!!!

arthur

(Pond Creek) il.
Thanks Arthur. Glad to see Tnet back. I was beginning to think that my half dollar had shorted out the forum-LOL. Thanks to all who looked and replied. HH to All, Quindy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back