Asiar

Jul 26, 2024
Hello,
I am new to metal detecting. I live in SW Washington State and mostly look for places in Wahkiakum County and Pacific County. I've tried Longbeach but it seems like I only find iron pockets in the sand. I'm still learning how to use me machine, a Garrett Ace.
(Side bar, where do y'all find those cool shovels to sift through sand?? I feel like such a creep walking around with my garden shovel 😬)
If anyone has suggestions on some places to check out or suggestions on how to find places, I would greatly appreciate it. Seems like Pacific and Wahkiakum don't have very many detailed old maps that I can find and I don't feel comfortable with my pin point abilities to start digging holes in our few small parks.
Thank you in advance and I look forward to learning from y'all!

Hello,
I am new to metal detecting. I live in SW Washington State and mostly look for places in Wahkiakum County and Pacific County. I've tried Longbeach but it seems like I only find iron pockets in the sand. I'm still learning how to use me machine, a Garrett Ace.
(Side bar, where do y'all find those cool shovels to sift through sand?? I feel like such a creep walking around with my garden shovel 😬)
If anyone has suggestions on some places to check out or suggestions on how to find places, I would greatly appreciate it. Seems like Pacific and Wahkiakum don't have very many detailed old maps that I can find and I don't feel comfortable with my pin point abilities to start digging holes in our few small parks.
Thank you in advance and I look forward to learning from y'all!
Hello there. You can find the sand scoop shovels on numerous websites like Amazon or just Google sand scoop for metal detecting. As far as digging you can just practice pinpointing in your own yard and it's best to buy a short metal detector shovel. Once you've pinpointed your target just make like a horse shoe cut with your shovel and fold the dirt plug back, retrieve your target then flip the dirt plug back and step on it real good or smash it flat with your shovel handle.

...live in SW Washington State...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at FORUM: WASHINGTON for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back