Stumped! Dug a CT. Copper tonight with double obverses?

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
Posted this also on “what is it”. Out tonight looking for a cellar hole we eventually found but on the way we took a short cut through a wooded area that was a farm field way back and next to another cellar. I dug this coin and looked at it only long enough to identify it as a CT. Copper. Later on I was cleaning it up a little with a toothpick and was amazed to see it had no reverse. Hoping someone might know a little something about this variety etc. Glad to have it, a first for me with two heads and no tails? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1571967754.361004.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1571967764.699908.jpg

Upvote 39
A small update, it has been decided that the two varieties are 33.37 and 33.2

Update on the double obverse CT. The coin has been validated by the house team at Stack’s Bowers Galleries as genuine and of the 2 die varieties listed above. It will be catalogued in the next couple weeks. When I have received the write up I’ll be sure to post

Awesome find. Congrats on the authentication. That's a once in a life timer right there. :occasion14:

Amazing find counter fit or not wowza

AWESOME! Congratulations on the verification! Such an interesting find! Also- this has been one of the best threads all year to follow! Thank you to all that contributed! I’ve learned quite a bit!

Love old coppers! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back