TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, Ok ... I know what it is ... obviously a bell, but what i would really like is what you guys think the age is ... how and why it was made this way... found at an old house site in Charlotte NC and that was not that old.... nothing else was found, as if the ground had been vacuumed... (save for a few pieces of trash of course) ... thanks for looking

Oh yeah.. and my wife doesn't want me to keep anything so if someone is interested... make me an offer :dontknow: :laughing7:

Attachments

• bell 8.jpeg
    bell 8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
  • bell 1.jpeg
    bell 1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • bell 2.jpeg
    bell 2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
  • bell 3.jpeg
    bell 3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • bell 4.jpeg
    bell 4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • bell 5.jpg
    bell 5.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 37
  • bell 6.jpeg
    bell 6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • bell 7.jpeg
    bell 7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 38
Ok, Ok ... I know what it is ... obviously a bell, but what i would really like is what you guys think the age is ... how and why it was made this way... found at an old house site in Charlotte NC and that was not that old.... nothing else was found, as if the ground had been vacuumed... (save for a few pieces of trash of course) ... thanks for looking

Oh yeah.. and my wife doesn't want me to keep anything so if someone is interested... make me an offer :dontknow: :laughing7:
Bell was made in India.
Not that old actually, the are crudely manufactured.
Not worth much, so Maybe the wife's new Mercedes won't be happening with the proceeds of this sale.
Just Google brass tinker bells made in India.

Upvote 5
Ha Ha Ha wife is not looking for a Mercedes, she didn't actually mention it but I'm willing to sell pretty much anything I have because at my age I no longer want to keep the things I find..
Like that !!
As for offers, its whatever anyone is interested in giving me, If someone wants.... Like that.. :laughing7:

Upvote 1
Ha Ha Ha wife is not looking for a Mercedes, she didn't actually mention it but I'm willing to sell pretty much anything I have because at my age I no longer want to keep the things I find..
Like that !!
As for offers, its whatever anyone is interested in giving me, If someone wants.... Like that.. :laughing7:
I'm getting up there where I get confused easily.
Are we still on the bell or did it slip over to the wife?:dontknow::laughing7:

Upvote 1
I'm getting up there where I get confused easily.
Are we still on the bell or did it slip over to the wife?:dontknow::laughing7:
Mixed conversation, although I don't want anything slipping over to the wife hahaha

Upvote 2
The following was on this website https://www.greenwitchvintage.com/blog/vintage-history-sarna-brass

Sarna Brass was started in 1920 out of Manhasset, NY, by Sajan Singh Sarna. Born in Rawalpindi, British India (now a part of Pakistan), Sarna came to the U.S. to study and found that Americans loved Indian handcrafts. In the early 1930s, despite the Depression, he began importing and selling handmade goods from India

A after dreaming about a bell in 1938, he changed focus to importing brass bells from Indonesia. Each bell, which came with an attached story grew in popularity, topping out in the 1960s when it was known as Bells of Sarna. When Sarna died in the 1970s, the company shifted to selling a broader selection of items and changed its name to S.S. Sarna, Inc.

Upvote 3
All the Sarna bells that I've seen have Sarna scribed inside the bell lip?
In fact, it says INDIA inside, although I'm not sure I would call it stamped...
Thank you !1

Upvote 0
I found the same bell Torrero. Mine says "INDIA" as well. They were popular with the Hippie's back in the day. 8-)

Upvote 1
I found the same bell Torrero. Mine says "INDIA" as well. They were popular with the Hippie's back in the day. 8-)
Brought me images of hippies ringing bells and caring incense burners and walking around ha ha ha

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back