• Park 2 005.JPG
    Park 2 005.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 890
  • Large Coil 004.JPG
    Large Coil 004.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 890
Upvote 0
Hi :hello:

Just out of interest, why are you not in the ploughed fields, its the best time of year & you have the best machine for UK hunting?

CRUSADER said:

Just out of interest, why are you not in the ploughed fields, its the best time of year & you have the best machine for UK hunting?
:icon_scratch:

I thought he had a Dues :laughing9:

Welcome to Treasure net flenj :icon_thumleft:

I have never seen a dug nickel in that condition...Not a Buffalo, not a Liberty Head, not even a Jefferson!

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 869
John,
Beautiful Buffalo nickle! They just don't come out of the ground any nicer than that, with a good early date too. :wink:
Thanks for the nod to the Corps. I spent a quarter century with the USMC, proud to have had the privilege and honor to serve. In the course of that time I shared some drinks with a few British and Dutch Royal Marines. I was always impressed by the quality of men whom I encountered wearing the beret and the globe and laurel, "Per Mare, Per Terram."
Here is to you sir!
Cheers!
Steve

I'm not joining another forum to see your finds :laughing9:

Awesome find and great condition. By the way if I took that shovel into my park they would take away my detector and ban me for life. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Neil in West Jersey said:
I have never seen a dug nickel in that condition...Not a Buffalo, not a Liberty Head, not even a Jefferson!

Guess the soil is a little kinder there? Nickels are usually as brown as the dirt for me.

Any dug nickel over thirty years in the ground I have ever seen is as red as the day is long. Excellent detail too, that one has some good value. Congrats.

Had to be a recent drop, If we have people from the states buying cartwheel pennies? :laughing9: then I guess its the same for Europe

I should have taken a photo in it's found condition, it was jet black. Half an hour with "Doctor Powers Magic Eraser" and that's how it finnished up.
Over the years some lovely coins and such have turned up in this park that I have sold but I still have some left.

Attachments

• Palmer Park Finds 001.JPG
    Palmer Park Finds 001.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 546
  • 07 06 10 coins 002.JPG
    07 06 10 coins 002.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 554
flenj, I don't recognize any faces on that lot of coins,I do recognize the SILVER though!!!!!!!!!!!Hope that park keeps producing good for you mate! Cheers God Bless HH Chris

flenj said:
I should have taken a photo in it's found condition, it was jet black. Half an hour with "Doctor Powers Magic Eraser" and that's how it finnished up.
Over the years some lovely coins and such have turned up in this park that I have sold but I still have some left.

so all these silver from 1 park, tells you, that most of us are in the field :laughing9: :icon_thumright: Still a good result, but stick at them fields :thumbsup:

welcome to the family of Treasurenet !! :hello:
You have the best machine that made ​​humanity .... do you know? the DEUS is better than the international space station and telescope together Hubble. :laughing9:
H

CRUSADER said:

Maybe not as dirty as we are and not like the smell of manure, ticks and spiders vineyards .... :D

this is the first time ive ever heard of a englishmen hunting in a park! strange :laughing9: willy

dfx willy said:
this is the first time ive ever heard of a englishmen hunting in a park! strange :laughing9: willy

Hes from across the pond, does that help :laughing9:

Crusader, I,m not always in the park, I am a member of the South Bucks MDC and regularly out on farms and pasture land.(dig this Sunday on rolled and seeded).
I,ve been detecting for about 35 years (56 if you include the time I spent detecting for arms cashes in the Troodos Mountains Cyprus as a young Royal Marine Commando).
I have had a permit to search the local parks for that 35 years (do you remember that we also needed a "Pipe Finders Licence" to detect as well.)
My first Roman and French Jetton came from a local park and I also have a 1036 Arther Canut in the local museum from another park. Parks were once common land and you can find some nice things,
Not just modern. Just had 4 more Hammies recorded on P.A.S on Wednesday to add to those that have been back recorded from before P.A.S.
John.F.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back