Spooked out

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got spooked today in a kind of remote spot. I was at an early 1900's building near the river.

I was on my knees poking my screwdriver in the hard dirt and I head a crunch behind me like a footstep. I stood up and looked around. Nothing. Went back to digging. Crunch. I looked again but nothing to see. It was enough for me to walk away. I'm 55 years old, been in the army and around the block a few times but that place left me with a bad vibe.

BIGFOOT !!!

LOL...I hear ya tho....around old spots alone is easy to get spooked... last year I hunted alone....this year I got a hunting buddy.

So now i,ll go to places that I wasn,t too keen on going alone.....not because I,m superstitous..... but simply because I hate bears and lotsa big coyotes around....always nice to have company.!!

I do believe in spirits and I do believe they try to get our attention on occasion. Maybe you didn't have permission from the right "owner".

Someone who lives in that town was just telling me it's a popular spot for homeless people because of the building and location. Good enough for me.

Better hope it isnt one of these guys:laughing7:

images.jpeg

images.jpeg

BIGFOOT !!!

LOL...I hear ya tho....around old spots alone is easy to get spooked... last year I hunted alone....this year I got a hunting buddy.

So now i,ll go to places that I wasn,t too keen on going alone.....not because I,m superstitous..... but simply because I hate bears and lotsa big coyotes around....always nice to have company.!!

Saw a coyote a while back being chased by a rottweiler.

We have a lot of Feral hogs here, one time I was out in the bushes and could hear something that was making a lot of noise. I had my .40 cal with me so I got ready figuring it was a pig and I did not want to get torn up. I sighted up and then they came out at me. Two Giant Armadillos!!! Not the first time I have had them spook me and wont be the last. (Don't worry I did not shoot them, I like the goofy critters)

This I'd a perfect example of why you bring a piece into the woods. You never know what you might run into could be a big cat a bear a wolf. Rare cases you might be to close to someone meth lab or grow and moonshine still. Could also be a vet from Vietnam that lives in the woods. Or a curious hunter or worse a crazy guy in a sheep costume trying to join a heard of sheep but they don't accept him.

We have a lot of Feral hogs here, one time I was out in the bushes and could hear something that was making a lot of noise. I had my .40 cal with me so I got ready figuring it was a pig and I did not want to get torn up. I sighted up and then they came out at me. Two Giant Armadillos!!! Not the first time I have had them spook me and wont be the last. (Don't worry I did not shoot them, I like the goofy critters)
I had an experience with one while I was night fishing near Guthrie once. Noise kept getting closer and closer till it bumped my boot,,, I really don't understand how they are not on the endangered list? You guys still put lone star bottles on the road bumps?

We have feral people here! So I can't check out the remote soccer fields till I have back up!
No matter how fast I run (not very fast at all) I can't out run a bullet!
Can't take a digging tool to a gun fight, just doesn't work out well for me! Lol!

Lots of animals and falling nuts/twigs can make unexpected sounds.

Yep they still put beer bottles on the ones that don't make it across the roads. I think the only thing they are interested it is digging up grubs and things to eat.

I got spooked today in a kind of remote spot. I was at an early 1900's building near the river. I was on my knees poking my screwdriver in the hard dirt and I head a crunch behind me like a footstep. I stood up and looked around. Nothing. Went back to digging. Crunch. I looked again but nothing to see. It was enough for me to walk away. I'm 55 years old, been in the army and around the block a few times but that place left me with a bad vibe.

Get headphones that block back round noise better :thumbsup:

there are occasions where I hear noises over mine, & it is very irritating.

When I'm detecting alone in the woods I like the Solitude.
& hate distractions.

There is a section of woods near here that I relic hunt in when my nerves let me that some of us call "deadwood corner". I came across it about 15yrs ago while scouting for turkey. There are six foundations back there that I know of but only one building shows up on maps back as far as 1902. These woods are TOO quiet. No birds, chipmunks, etc. The wind can be blowin' like mad where we park but it's dead still around the foundations.

When I'm detecting alone in the woods I like the Solitude.
& hate distractions.

Watch out jeff,some things in the woods can cause you a hell of a distraction if youre not paying attention.:laughing7:

I got spooked today in a kind of remote spot. I was at an early 1900's building near the river.

I was on my knees poking my screwdriver in the hard dirt and I head a crunch behind me like a footstep. I stood up and looked around. Nothing. Went back to digging. Crunch. I looked again but nothing to see. It was enough for me to walk away. I'm 55 years old, been in the army and around the block a few times but that place left me with a bad vibe.

Don't worry, entities don't bite. They just brush, tickle, scratch and poke you.

I don't know anything about armadillo's, but out here in Oregon, God gave us possums so we would have a critter that only goes half way across the road.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back