Spooked out

When did this happen? Maybe it was the Hanukah Armadillo!

I ALWAYS carry pepper spray on a clip. Have sparyed a few dogs.
having a lesche visible helps also. if in doubt have it in your hand. hunting with someone is best: falls, bites etc.
hi standard makes a small magnum darringer that is easy to carry.

I do believe in spirits and I do believe they try to get our attention on occasion. Maybe you didn't have permission from the right "owner".

Or, maybe you heard them wrong. Maybe they were whispering, over here! lol Frank... 111-2 de Vinci.jpg

I ALWAYS carry pepper spray on a clip.
Works for me, Give a Spook a skin Rash :headbang:

actually probably not a bad idea for those who need it for wild animals.
nice & quiet too

Last edited:
Works for me, Give a Spook a skin Rash :headbang:

actually probably not a bad idea for those who need it for wild animals.
nice & quiet too

I carry a Glock 31, but I plan to carry a pepper jet as well when I hunt in deep woods or other areas where animals are the most likely threat.

Kimber's "PepperBlaster" is a great choice for this sort of thing:

Unlike most pepper spray that comes in cans, this one shoots a concentrated stream. That means it goes farther, and it doesn't turn into an aerosol and end up blowing back in your face as much. Finally, it's good for two shots.

I'd really hate to shoot someone's dog when a blast of pepper spray would be just as effective and not cause permanent damage.

I carry a Glock 31, but I plan to carry a pepper jet as well when I hunt in deep woods or other areas where animals are the most likely threat.

Kimber's "PepperBlaster" is a great choice for this sort of thing:

http://www.amazon.com/Kimber-Pepper...?ie=UTF8&qid=1394405326&sr=8-1&tag=lsforum-20

Unlike most pepper spray that comes in cans, this one shoots a concentrated stream. That means it goes farther, and it doesn't turn into an aerosol and end up blowing back in your face as much. Finally, it's good for two shots.

I'd really hate to shoot someone's dog when a blast of pepper spray would be just as effective and not cause permanent damage.

How long are the duration of the shots?

When did this happen? Maybe it was the Hanukah Armadillo!
lonestar-armadillo.jpg

I didn't know the word had spread all the way to Canada. A friend of mine ran into one while hog hunting with his bow. Does it look familiar EccentricInTexas?

Homar

I have worked in a lot of very remote locations. Over the years I have run into everything from wandering livestock to curious turkeys. People who are not used to being alone can find that their senses are operating at an elevated level and not even know it when they are alone in new locations. Mix that in with the noises that you get in rural areas from animals, wind, foliage and you can find yourself looking over your shoulder from time to time. One of my neighbors found a great solution to this sort of thing. He has a pair of Labrador Retrievers and he started taking them with him when he was away from civilization. Not much gets past a dog.

I got spooked today in a kind of remote spot. I was at an early 1900's building near the river.

I was on my knees poking my screwdriver in the hard dirt and I head a crunch behind me like a footstep. I stood up and looked around. Nothing. Went back to digging. Crunch. I looked again but nothing to see. It was enough for me to walk away. I'm 55 years old, been in the army and around the block a few times but that place left me with a bad vibe.

Don't forget the Little People. Usually they can only be seen out the corner of your eye.

One of my neighbors found a great solution to this sort of thing. He has a pair of Labrador Retrievers and he started taking them with him when he was away from civilization. Not much gets past a dog.

I have been planning to take my lab along with me to a couple of areas in WI... even though chances of having a run-in with a bear, lion, wolf, etc... may be minimum. With the headphones on won't be able to hear anything, so she should do a great job at alerting me to anything unusual!! If there is a confrontation, GLOCK Model 22 40 Cal. at the side.

Also, 50+ degrees :icon_thumleft: today is doing an outstanding job of melting the 24" of snow on the front lawn!

HH

I've seen to many scary movies about the woods and people die so maybe I won't detect the woods lol. Maybe I'll find three missing kids in a cabin in the woods like snoop Dogg did in scary movie 5 lol

I had kinda the same thing happen to me while I was detecting in a cemetery.

Spoooooooky!
....I absolutely without a doubt in my mind have been around a spook. I was shutting down a ferryboat one night (John f Kennedy, Staten Island ferry) and between the steps, the shadows, and finally cornering the sound and finding nothing, I was freaked out. I ran. I laughed at spook stories before, and now I never laugh. Trust your gut feelings

How long are the duration of the shots?

Depends - a dog will be busy for 3-5 minutes I'd think. A person... well, it depends on their pain tolerance, how susceptible they are to the pepper to begin with, whether or not they are wearing glasses, etc.

I don't plan on pulling out a stopwatch!

Depends - a dog will be busy for 3-5 minutes I'd think. A person... well, it depends on their pain tolerance, how susceptible they are to the pepper to begin with, whether or not they are wearing glasses, etc.

I don't plan on pulling out a stopwatch!

I'd think a humans natural reaction with glasses would be to wipe it off then they'd wipe it into their eyes lol.

Well most of them unless you come into contact with pissed off demon.

Paranormal is very real though.

Yup, I am fully aware. One of my eccentric hobbies is paranormal investigating (waiting for the chuckles). I have investigated famous places (eastern state pen.) and not so famous places. If you feel you are being watched, guess what, you probably are. Trust your intuitions, you have them for a reason.

I have worked in a lot of very remote locations. Over the years I have run into everything from wandering livestock to curious turkeys. People who are not used to being alone can find that their senses are operating at an elevated level and not even know it when they are alone in new locations. Mix that in with the noises that you get in rural areas from animals, wind, foliage and you can find yourself looking over your shoulder from time to time. One of my neighbors found a great solution to this sort of thing. He has a pair of Labrador Retrievers and he started taking them with him when he was away from civilization. Not much gets past a dog.

Its good to be scared, it heightens your senses and makes you more aware. Now, I need my senses heightened to find my first colonial coin..

This I'd a perfect example of why you bring a piece into the woods. You never know what you might run into could be a big cat a bear a wolf. Rare cases you might be to close to someone meth lab or grow and moonshine still. Could also be a vet from Vietnam that lives in the woods. Or a curious hunter or worse a crazy guy in a sheep costume trying to join a heard of sheep but they don't accept him.

haha...the sheep didn't accept the crazy guy :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back