yo6oej

Aug 23, 2008
Toplita , Romania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Pro Pointer / Detech EDS Plus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently I discovered a few objects in the last discovered area.It's about two roman iron axes , one of which was broken , two mediaeval arrowheads , a hammer , a narrow hoe (dacian typology) , a regular ancient hoe , a very good preserved roman drill for wood (manufactured from high quality steel) , a mediaeval stirrup...An interesting object , unfortunately broken , was a bronze brooch larger than a regular one.I've never seen anything like this and archaeologists also have no idea yet.It is possible to come from the period before the Romans , maybe of Dacian origin...

Attachments

• DSC02409.JPG
    DSC02409.JPG
    678.3 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC02411 prelucrata.JPG
    DSC02411 prelucrata.JPG
    552.3 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC02417 prelucrata.JPG
    DSC02417 prelucrata.JPG
    621.2 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC02421 prelucrata.JPG
    DSC02421 prelucrata.JPG
    645.8 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC02427 prelucrata.JPG
    DSC02427 prelucrata.JPG
    596.6 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 5
Awesome finds, your lucky to have roman artifacts.

:thumbsup: You have found some very nice finds, the Brooch is unusual. not seen a type like it. This piece is called a Girdle Hanger, usually found in Saxon graves of Women...5th-7th C.

SS

Attachments

• DSC02466.JPG
    DSC02466.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 41
:thumbsup: You have found some very nice finds, the Brooch is unusual. not seen a type like it. This piece is called a Girdle Hanger, usually found in Saxon graves of Women...5th-7th C.

SS

Thanks SS ! But , what is the uses of that object ? I believe that is a component of an ancient scale used by shepherds.I found a similar object elsewhere last year :30112012960.jpg30112012961 (1536 x 2048).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks SS ! But , what is the uses of that object ? I believe that is a component of an ancient scale used by shepherds.I found a similar object elsewhere last year :View attachment 868188View attachment 868190
Girdle-hangers are an attribute of the châtelaines that are found in the graves of high status women in the early Anglo-Saxon period. Some elements resembling latch-lifters or keys have their origins in the Roman period. They are often interpreted as symbols of the domestic authority that Anglo-Saxon women enjoyed. Many latch-lifters and keys are made of iron and hang in groups from an iron ring.

SS

Thanks for the informations SS ! :hello:

Thanks "StormSurge" ! Well , because my friends here on "treasurenet" have appreciated dacian iron tools , means a banner for me :icon_thumleft:
By the way , I was surprised a few days ago to find that Garrett rewarded me for dacian tools with a PinPointer (september "find of the month") Vaughan Garrett's September 2013 International Winner
:hello:

Yo, That is a nice surprise and a nice article. Just think, your pile of rusty tools up on the winners podium with Gold and Silver. Ha Ha! I love it! And those Pro-Pointers are nice. I'm thinking about getting myself a second one.
Best of luck with your Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back