yo6oej

Aug 23, 2008
Toplita , Romania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Pro Pointer / Detech EDS Plus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently I discovered a few objects in the last discovered area.It's about two roman iron axes , one of which was broken , two mediaeval arrowheads , a hammer , a narrow hoe (dacian typology) , a regular ancient hoe , a very good preserved roman drill for wood (manufactured from high quality steel) , a mediaeval stirrup...An interesting object , unfortunately broken , was a bronze brooch larger than a regular one.I've never seen anything like this and archaeologists also have no idea yet.It is possible to come from the period before the Romans , maybe of Dacian origin...

Attachments

• DSC02409.JPG
    DSC02409.JPG
    678.3 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC02411 prelucrata.JPG
    DSC02411 prelucrata.JPG
    552.3 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC02417 prelucrata.JPG
    DSC02417 prelucrata.JPG
    621.2 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC02421 prelucrata.JPG
    DSC02421 prelucrata.JPG
    645.8 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC02427 prelucrata.JPG
    DSC02427 prelucrata.JPG
    596.6 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 5
An interesting object , unfortunately broken , was a bronze brooch larger than a regular one.I've never seen anything like this and archaeologists also have no idea yet.It is possible to come from the period before the Romans , maybe of Dacian origin...

Hello yo,

Outstanding discoveries, sir. A Fantastic Fibula, that one! Bravo! Thanks for showing us.

Quite remarkable to have a game of Stump the Archies, and win a round. 8-)

I think you are correct on the Dacian attribution.

Dacian_fibulae_Cluj_Musem_1st_century_BC.jpg

"Typical silver Dacian fibulae
1st century BC (Museum of
Transylvania Cluj Romania"
Fibula (brooch)

Last edited:
Yo Secret,

Was that me? Is it still huge?

huge.jpg

Thanks guys :hello:

Thanks for the information "surf" !!!

Thanks my friend "Westfront" :hello:

Is it just me? There is something about old iron that I find curiously fascinating. Well done!

Yo, Love your posts. The items that you find are amazing! Do you hunt full-time? Beautiful country side also. I would love to pull some of those 2000 yr. old artifacts out of that ground. The blacksmith tools that you posted last month were some of my favorites. I haven't a clue why most of your finds are not "Banner"!

Yo, Love your posts. The items that you find are amazing! Do you hunt full-time? Beautiful country side also. I would love to pull some of those 2000 yr. old artifacts out of that ground. The blacksmith tools that you posted last month were some of my favorites. I haven't a clue why most of your finds are not "Banner"!

Thanks "StormSurge" ! Well , because my friends here on "treasurenet" have appreciated dacian iron tools , means a banner for me :icon_thumleft:
By the way , I was surprised a few days ago to find that Garrett rewarded me for dacian tools with a PinPointer (september "find of the month") Vaughan Garrett's September 2013 International Winner
:hello:

Iam dying to find stuff like that.Those are awesome finds.Congrats.

Thanks "StormSurge" ! Well , because my friends here on "treasurenet" have appreciated dacian iron tools , means a banner for me :icon_thumleft:
By the way , I was surprised a few days ago to find that Garrett rewarded me for dacian tools with a PinPointer (september "find of the month") Vaughan Garrett's September 2013 International Winner
:hello:

Congrats! May you find many coins with that pinpointer! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back