104-0453_IMG.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,375
  • IMG_2452.JPG
    IMG_2452.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,405
  • IMG_5674.JPG
    IMG_5674.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,458
Please accept my condolences Bob, he looked like he was very happy whilst he was with you. I hope you and your family's pain diminishes quickly, but your memories of him last forever.

Ian

Sorry for your loss Bob. They just get their way into our hearts.

His happiness shown is a testament to the kind of people you and your family are.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

47thelement said:

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Absolutely beautiful :'( My condolences Bob. I dread the day my mate will be taken from me, but I live in hope when my turn comes he will be there waiting for me.

Lucky dog, sure looked happy. Not much a person can say to make you feel any better. Just enjoy the memories and think about the great life you gave to him compared to how many other animals get treated.

Looks like a true freind. So sorry for your lose.

It's never easy--tough break. So sorry.

All the best,

Lanny

My Condolences. May God Be With You and Yours.

I'll pray for you. PEACE:RONB

So sorry for your loss, he was a beautiful dog. Red

Attachments

• GetWell4.gif
    GetWell4.gif
    77.6 KB · Views: 963
  • GetWell4.gif
    GetWell4.gif
    77.6 KB · Views: 956
RainbowBridge.jpg

Attachments

• RainbowBridge.jpg
    RainbowBridge.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 982
Some folks don't understand how they do
become part of our families.

Praying for you. Hang on to the many memories
I am sure you have.

Curtis

I well know that feeling, not much will mitigate losing mans best friend. Hope you get another soon, as we just did.

Attachments

• 2011-10-08 22.09.00 (600x361).jpg
    2011-10-08 22.09.00 (600x361).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,012
dang it why cant they live as long as us? :-\

Everytime I hear of someone losing their best friends, my heart breaks - as most of us can empathize with the loss.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm sure they will all be waiting for us - I don't believe it could be called "heaven" without them. It is heaven because all our loved ones are there, and we get to be re-united.

I believe there is a good reason why they don't live as long as us - it is so we appreciate them while they are here, and, hopefully, when we leave this world, we have many friends to greet us.

Beth

I'm sorry for your loss. Looks like he was a great friend to you and the kids. I hope the pain eases, but the memories remain crystal clear.

47thelement said:

:'( :'(

Somebody posted this for me when I lost my Buddy to, it's very hard to take when they have been part of your life, for so long. Take solis from knowing you provided him with a good home, and took care of him and that he was your buddy, and he he worshiped you for it :icon_thumleft:

SS

We have a golden retriever as well. A while back we noticed that he was starting to go grayish-white. I am very afraid that this will be his last winter with us. He's having a lot hard time getting up in the mornings and navigating the porch to go outside. I miss his younger days, when he would play fetch til your arm was tired...now he just looks at the stick....but in his eyes he has a look of, "oh if only I were younger"...lol! Love that dog!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back