Silver pocket spill

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
First silvers of the year and all in one fell swoop. I was pretty stoked to see four come out of the hole accompanied with a glass marble that is not pictured. The coins were found deeper than average at around 6-8" and the were found unexpectedly about three feet from a busy road. I can only imagine what those drivers were thinking when they saw this dude in the rain with a metal detector digging by the road.

Attachments

• E.P. 2011.jpg
    E.P. 2011.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 2,121
  • IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 2,115
  • E.P.2011.jpg
    E.P.2011.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 2,109
  • E.P.2011 (2).jpg
    E.P.2011 (2).jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 2,105
Upvote 0
Spills are always fun to find , I wish the ground around here was that soft everything is still frozen. Great finds HH

Wow, they're in great condition!!! Congrats!!! :coffee2: (They should at least qualify for the cup-o-Joe banner award.)

YES YES YES!!! SO AWESOME!!! I love it when that happens! Congrat's 8^)

coinstalker said:
Awesome finds :headbang: Also looks like it was in some pretty wet soil... Does the wet soil help the signal get to the detector better? Just curious :dontknow:

Some people say the wet soil helps with depth and I agree to a point. My detector tends to null out more and picks up every little piece of rusty iron speck when the soil is as wet as it was yesterday, I was digging alot of iron. When I came up on the pocket spill I was pretty sure it was silver, but I was surprised that dimes kept coming. The dates were 1907 1919, 1918, 1922 no mint marks on them. I think they fell out of a kids pocket because I found a marble too.

Great find lostlake88! :o
Forty cents would have been a small fortune to a kid back in the 1920's! :'(

Congrats to you!

Dave

Nice recovery on the silvers and marble. :icon_thumright:

lostlake88 said:
coinstalker said:
Awesome finds :headbang: Also looks like it was in some pretty wet soil... Does the wet soil help the signal get to the detector better? Just curious :dontknow:

Some people say the wet soil helps with depth and I agree to a point. My detector tends to null out more and picks up every little piece of rusty iron speck when the soil is as wet as it was yesterday, I was digging alot of iron. When I came up on the pocket spill I was pretty sure it was silver, but I was surprised that dimes kept coming. The dates were 1907 1919, 1918, 1922 no mint marks on them. I think they fell out of a kids pocket because I found a marble too.
Thanks for the dates,but I think you made a typo... far as I know the mint didn't make a 1922 dime. also the mint marks are on the back left bottom if there is any..

Great photos of the silver in the wet ground. Really gets my heart pumping! Now if the ground would only thaw out around here so I could get out.

Sweet! Love the pics of the silver in the mud. :icon_thumleft:

Gotta like that dig , 4 silvers in one hole . :o what is Home of the Bottom Buddies on the avatar :icon_scratch: ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back