Silver Dollars in the mail (pictures)

04 Diesel

Sep 13, 2006
Waterloo Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites 6000/D Series 2/ GTA 1000 Power Master
My daughter and son in law are in the Army and in Afghanistan, they know I collect coins. They got me some coins about three weeks ago, from an Afghanistan boy. They sent them to me in the mail, got them today. I am very excited, when I opened the package there are three Silver dollars that came out. The first is a 1889 Morgan Silver dollar, the second is a 1877 Trade dollar, the third is a 1799 Draped Bust silver dollar! They payed three dollars for all of the coins. Why would a Afghanistan boy have American silver dollars? I will try to get some pictures up soon, let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Attachments

• Silver dollars.jpg
    Silver dollars.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,626
  • tails silver dollars.jpg
    tails silver dollars.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,630
Upvote 0
MAY YOU DAUGHTER AND SON IN LAW RETURN SAFTEY. GOD BLESS :icon_sunny:

For your daughter and son in law to have sent the coins to you from Afghanistan, Man they were thinking of you.. I know that makes them have more true value to you. Now that's Real and not fake. I would not sell or trade them for lb of Gold. Thanks to them for there service to our country

She also sent me a bunch of Afghan paper money and coins, she is a great daughter and I miss her very much. Any time she is out of the U.S. she allways brings me back some coins, I have a nice collection now because of her.

have her really make you smile by sending you emeralds...a friend came home for christmas, had a ring made in kandahar...sweet rocks over there.

Just reading this thread and saw the coins , I collect a few for my son also and wanted to pass this link along as it;s not only our coins they our doing this with but many others also . If you read this story you will see in some of the 20 some photos some of the press dies they are using to make the coins and many they sell as just copies others they age and pass off as the real thing or try to they are showing up at flea markets around the country now either with or with out the sellers knowledge so buyer beware .
John

http://coins.about.com/od/worldcoins/ig/Chinese-Counterfeiting-Ring/Chinese-Fake-Coin-Minting.htm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back