Second dive of 2024, 5 Gold rings

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My second dive of the Year started a little rough, my first Excal went down as soon as I got in the water and I had to go back and pick up a backup, problem solved. No coins this time, scrap metal and sinkers. It took about an hour to find the first ring, then they kept coming. 3 14K and two 10K school rings, the years on the school rings are 1959 and 1972. Even without the rings it was a beautiful day, about 70f water temp, water was 10-14 feet deep (tide change).

Attachments

• 5 Gold.jpg
    5 Gold.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 51
My second dive of the Year started a little rough, my first Excal went down as soon as I got in the water and I had to go back and pick up a backup, problem solved. No coins this time, scrap metal and sinkers. It took about an hour to find the first ring, then they kept coming. 3 14K and two 10K school rings, the years on the school rings are 1959 and 1972. Even without the rings it was a beautiful day, about 70f water temp, water was 10-14 feet deep (tide change).
Nice Dive!

Wow, that must be an old swimming beach... bet there's more there!
Yes, it was a swim beach up until the 1970's, I only go in the water off the boat. Nobody bothers me out there.

I often thought of diving down here.What is your visibility up there.
I've had up to 10 feet and down to zero, it depends on the weather and the season. I'm in the water here from late April till Halloween, that's when I have the boat in.

Great job.... I can't imagine finding all those rings on a dive in a day. Maybe just "maybe" you or someone can find who the class rings belong to possibly...? But either way great day buddy...!

wow, nice haul. 5 gold in one dive sets the bar pretty high. wtg!!!

Outstanding Performance
Voting Banner
Congratulations

Congrats on the 5 gold day.
The 65 year old class ring looks like the day it was made.
The owner would probably be well in their 80's now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back