Scientists discover unexpected process that can turn quartz into huge gold nuggets

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting article, but the headline is inaccurate. They aren't turning quartz into gold at all. They're attempting to explain why gold is found in cracks in quartz. Like most things in geology, it comes down to heat and pressure.

Yeah if they can produce gold from scratch it might become worthless, just like it did in this episode of the twilight zone. where this poor old fella uses time travel in order to take gold from his time into the future thinking it'll be worth so much more.

Yeah if they can produce gold from scratch it might become worthless, just like it did in this episode of the twilight zone. where this poor old fella uses time travel in order to take gold from his time into the future thinking it'll be worth so much more.

I watched that the first time it aired. It was one I always remembered.
Mainly the robbers wanted to go 100 years into the future to avoid prosecution for their crime. Of course they assumed gold would still be very valuable, as it always had been.

I watched that the first time it aired. It was one I always remembered.
Mainly the robbers wanted to go 100 years into the future to avoid prosecution for their crime. Of course they assumed gold would still be very valuable, as it always had been.
It was definitely a well though out caper. Only goes to show it can be awfully risky at predicting the future. That's something I would not like to do when my employer would ask me to forecast future sales. Even if I did do it and it turned out to be correct they'd never be prepared for when it did come. They'd always says they just felt it was to much to risk and felt that I seemed to uncertain to guarantee the business would actually come their way.

Roughly I read, Protons determine element, with electrons matching in a neutral atom. Nuetrons determine mass. They would need to add 49 protons, and 88 nuetrons, to change a quartz atom to Gold atom. Somehow! It says on line, protons and nuetrons can be added to an atom. Both Quartz and Gold are Nuetral atoms.. Don't know just thinking, probably wrong like usual.. lol

They would need to add 49 protons, and 88 nuetrons, to change a quartz atom to Gold atom.
Quartz is not an atom, it's a compound composed of silicon and oxygen. You can't change quartz into gold -- and that's not what the scientists in the article are claiming. The article has a misleading title (clickbait?). They claim that heat and pressure cause quartz to generate an electrical field, and that this electrical field can cause gold that is already present in solution to collect in the cracks in the quartz. They're not creating anything, just attempting to explain why the two are found together.

Quartz is not an atom, it's a compound composed of silicon and oxygen. You can't change quartz into gold -- and that's not what the scientists in the article are claiming. The article has a misleading title (clickbait?). They claim that heat and pressure cause quartz to generate an electrical field, and that this electrical field can cause gold that is already present in solution to collect in the cracks in the quartz. They're not creating anything, just attempting to explain why the two are found together.
I saw a physics question, nothing mislead me. Quartz is a compound of atoms. The compound consists of Protons, Electrons, Nuetrons. Gold is Protons, Electrons, Nuetrons. Their both neutral, both have the same goop. Just mixed up diffrent..
I didn't say it was being done..

I saw a physics question,
And you speculated an answer that is an impossibility.

Quartz is a compound of atoms. The compound consists of Protons, Electrons, Nuetrons. Gold is Protons, Electrons, Nuetrons.
You can't add protons or neutrons or electrons or anything else to a compound and produce a different atom (at least short of nuclear fusion).

NO! Not click bait youtube videos posted here??!

And you speculated an answer that is an impossibility.

You can't add protons or neutrons or electrons or anything else to a compound and produce a different atom (at least short of nuclear fusion).
Physically impossible yes, but quantum Physically impossible? No, not necessarily. We Physically can't replicate Megalithic structures. But they are there.
Was the atoms changed, was frequency and vibration used, was gravity weakened, redirected, or blocked. We don't know it all yet. I question things.. No offense!

Gold is only produced in one (possibly two) situations.

For a long time it was thought that gold was only produced in supernova's, but then after years of research they started to question that theory, and determined that a supernova might only produce a small amount of the gold found in the universe.

They thought that perhaps large amounts of gold are produced in neutron star mergers/collisions. And after doing the science, they found this also not to hold true. Gold was definitely produced in the collisions, but not enough to account for the amount of gold in the universe.

Very interesting article that explains it in fairly understandable English:

It sure looks pretty when gold is infused in quartz fractures. usually the product of epithemal vents where super heated highly mineralized water cools in quartz fractures.

gold.JPG

That chunk was about 70k

gold 26 ounces.JPG

Crow

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back