May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today we decided to return to a Site that we left incomplete. I've been wanting to return for awhile as this area has turned up some of the hardest to find coins; Sceats. It's rare that you can target these, but I felt if we finished this area we would have a fair chance. Thankfully I was right & Cru'dad got one on his first run - job done. After completing this area, we went to the next field to pick up a few more Roman Coins from the Roman area.

4 Hours;

18th C Nut-Cracker
17th C Button
Leather Mount
Saxon Hair Pin
8 Roman Coins
Saxon Sceat - Circa AD725, Series O, Type 38. (Not had this type, I think it's pretty rare but I'll find out after Recording it)

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

Upvote 18
Today we decided to return to a Site that we left incomplete. I've been wanting to return for awhile as this area has turned up some of the hardest to find coins; Sceats. It's rare that you can target these, but I felt if we finished this area we would have a fair chance. Thankfully I was right & Cru'dad got one on his first run - job done. After completing this area, we went to the next field to pick up a few more Roman Coins from the Roman area.

4 Hours;

18th C Nut-Cracker
17th C Button
Leather Mount
Saxon Hair Pin
8 Roman Coins
Saxon Sceat - Circa AD725, Series O, Type 38. (Not had this type, I think it's pretty rare but I'll find out after Recording it)

View attachment 2175764View attachment 2175765View attachment 2175766View attachment 2175767View attachment 2175768
WOW!
That is a different type, congratulations.

Interesting design on the sceat. Anyone in particular or just regional design influence?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back