May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today we decided to return to a Site that we left incomplete. I've been wanting to return for awhile as this area has turned up some of the hardest to find coins; Sceats. It's rare that you can target these, but I felt if we finished this area we would have a fair chance. Thankfully I was right & Cru'dad got one on his first run - job done. After completing this area, we went to the next field to pick up a few more Roman Coins from the Roman area.

4 Hours;

18th C Nut-Cracker
17th C Button
Leather Mount
Saxon Hair Pin
8 Roman Coins
Saxon Sceat - Circa AD725, Series O, Type 38. (Not had this type, I think it's pretty rare but I'll find out after Recording it)

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

Upvote 5
Today we decided to return to a Site that we left incomplete. I've been wanting to return for awhile as this area has turned up some of the hardest to find coins; Sceats. It's rare that you can target these, but I felt if we finished this area we would have a fair chance. Thankfully I was right & Cru'dad got one on his first run - job done. After completing this area, we went to the next field to pick up a few more Roman Coins from the Roman area.

4 Hours;

18th C Nut-Cracker
17th C Button
Leather Mount
Saxon Hair Pin
8 Roman Coins
Saxon Sceat - Circa AD725, Series O, Type 38. (Not had this type, I think it's pretty rare but I'll find out after Recording it)

View attachment 2175764View attachment 2175765View attachment 2175766View attachment 2175767View attachment 2175768
WOW!
That is a different type, congratulations.

Interesting design on the sceat. Anyone in particular or just regional design influence?

WTG on the great day of hunting you guys had!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back