Say hello to my little friend! First time out with se.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Well it was a last second thing as temps were in the low 40's for a brief time today. We are headed right back to single digit weather. So here goes...ground frozen beyond 3-4 inches so I took what I could get! Not much but a start...was actually reading owners manual when I realized weather would not last long and it was my chance...

Attachments

• First day with se 29 Jan 08.jpg
    First day with se 29 Jan 08.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,625
Upvote 0
Jack(IN) said:
Congrats on getting your SE and know you had problems with someone who was lets say less than honest in the dealings, but looks like it worked out for you in the end!! Not too bad for that nasty weather you've been having and things can only get better. Sure hope to see some great silver this year from you, along with those 10,000 other coins!!

No not looking to hit 10,000 again...already behind pace from last year! Yeah wish the first deal went thru...But dealing with Roy (Ga) from another forum...same forum deal fell thru on was a blessing he did not advertise his se...and when it arrived and i opened it...it looked brand new! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

LI Tom said:
Good luck on the Explorer Greg.I've seen from my hunting cronies what great machines they are,especially on silver!However you are getting major Diss'ed on the Whites Forum.LOL

Yeah you are right someone told me what had been posted about me on the whites forum...and i will not go back... Heard also the post got deleted...the guy insulting me was a hillbilly that likes to wear a dress and his cronies... :D :D :D :D

kindafoundabuckle said:
The big learning curve is what has kept me from moving from my Whites to a Minelab-plus the price difference! For that much money it better go deeper! ;D I still think they sound like a broken pinball machine. Dont get me wrong they are great if not the greatest machines but if I listened to it for a few hours I think my ears would explode. Good luck Greg I hope you get the depth you are wanting out of the Minelab. If you do put your DFX up for sale let me know. I want to move up from my XLT I have swung for the last few years. I wish my old coils would interchange with the DFX. Bummer! Good luck!

KFB

Thanks....I like a challenge....should be interesting....

DFX-Gregg said:
Coin Shooter said:
Congrats on your SE, it’s a great machine. I’ve only taken mine out two times and love it already, not as hard to get used to as I was afraid it might be.

This is the two hunts it has been on so far, about two hours each.
CS

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,137151.0.html

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,137237.0.html

Looks like you are off to a great start! Which detector did you have before?

Since 2001, a Fisher CZ 7a Pro.
CS

bridgeendfarm said:
yeah the "ol boys and girls" will do their best to school you up quick on a new machine and help you rope her it

Actually, I've mostly hunted only in trashy areas when I switched to ferrous. If I get permission to hunt in a park today, I'll try both ferrous and conductive. Thanks for the advice. IMO, you can't learn much if you don't pay close attention to any advice you get.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back