Say hello to my little friend! First time out with se.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

Attachments

• First day with se 29 Jan 08.jpg
    First day with se 29 Jan 08.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,625
Upvote 0
weasel606 said:
Glad you got out Gregg ;D you may already have looked up some of the ID numbers chart for the se , I found a few on the internet and they sure have helped me figure things out when i first got mine. congrats on getting out and the finds ;)

No charts for me yet...if you could sent a few links in a pm...I will print and make good use of... :)

Tarheel boys said:
Weather was 60 here in NC today... but was working all day :'(

Sounds nice...I guess working midnights is the advantage I have over a lot of people allows me to go out any day..when weather is better that is... :(

goldenapples said:
Welcome to the underworld Greg_SE :-X

Thanks if it was not for your expert camera work...after seeing the depth of those plugs...I would have never made it.... :)

Hey Gregg,

Best of luck to you with your new SE. I'll be waiting for that first silver post from you.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

To the art-est formally known as DFX-Gregg,
You did really good, for a quickie. Keep at it.
Tn. Joe

Gregg:

I have been looking forward to your first post with the SE, and quite frankly I am very disappointed. Just kidding of course! I am planning on picking up an SE in the near future. I plan on first hitting the same places I have spent the last 7 years detecting. I am not sure this will be successful, but it is something I need to do to answer the question, "how much better & deeper".

I am confident that you will answer those questions in your future posts.

Good Luck!!

Captn_SE said:
Hey Gregg,

Best of luck to you with your new SE. I'll be waiting for that first silver post from you.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Thanks Dan... I have a feeling with the bad weather quickly returning 3 inches of snow as we talk coming down...and a change in temperature from 44 to 2 degrees! Same day... :o So you will probably be flooded with questions before I even get a chance to find any silver! :D ;D ;)

bridgeendfarm said:
nice enjoy your new baby

Thank you its going to be interesting...and if i start hitting at 8 inches...I will sell my dfx... :-\

Tennessee-Joe said:
To the art-est formally known as DFX-Gregg,
You did really good, for a quickie. Keep at it.
Tn. Joe

Thanks I have a lot to learn with this one...but with cold weather lots of time too! :)

Neil in West Jersey said:
Gregg:

I have been looking forward to your first post with the SE, and quite frankly I am very disappointed. Just kidding of course! I am planning on picking up an SE in the near future. I plan on first hitting the same places I have spent the last 7 years detecting. I am not sure this will be successful, but it is something I need to do to answer the question, "how much better & deeper".

I am confident that you will answer those questions in your future posts.

Good Luck!!

Neil if I could...if I did ...I would of posted something special for my first post...it just did not happen...but I expect to see the totals pick up as I go along and hopefully some nice tips will guide me along..... Believe me...I wanted to come up with something special for it...The only question I can answer for you right now...quality wise the se is a lot better...depth wise ask me when the ground thaws out! :D ;D ;)

Why Gregg just tell me why you left us? The DFX gang. Do you feel you will get more depth with the SE than the DFX? What was your average depth with the DFX with coins? Sorry for all the questions. You were the DFX King!!!

You got out is the best part!
24 here in Colorado tonight, but I ama thinking I have to get out Wednesday!
May frezzzzzz but I GOT TO GET OUT!! lol
Congrads on the new MD!
Can't wait to hear of the cool finds to come.
ChrisP

DFX-Gregg said:
bridgeendfarm said:
nice enjoy your new baby

Thank you its going to be interesting...and if i start hitting at 8 inches...I will sell my dfx... :-\

So when you recognize that faint whisper of a good target and find yourself 10"+ will you sell your house ;)

Congrats on your first SE hunt. It'll take a while to get it I'm sure, heck the Explorer2 took me 2 years and many hours of frustration to get to where I could really know the actions and sounds and pretty much pull the old deepies out consistently. Of course I didn't have the good folks from T-Net to steer me in the right direction back then I'm sure that's why it took me so long. The key ingredient to Minelab I have found, is don't overdue the sensitivity and go slow, a snails pace compared to the whites. Looks like your taking to it well already.

Master Sarge said:
Why Gregg just tell me why you left us? The DFX gang. Do you feel you will get more depth with the SE than the DFX? What was your average depth with the DFX with coins? Sorry for all the questions. You were the DFX King!!!

I plan on using the dfx some more...but honestly I am no dealer...I have no interest other than this being a hobby...so expect the truth 6 months down the road when I have some time in with the se....I will have them go head to head...will tell the results....also going to do a test garden head to head when ground is not frozen...to many people want to know dfx or se? Well by having both...I will tell you exactly how they both fair under exact conditions....

As far as depth in soil conditions here...dfx was hitting max 7.5 in soft soil...sometimes in hard compacted summer soil down to 5 to 6.0....but normally 6.5 inches on a dime was attainable...now the head to heads and the se walking the same exact paths I took the dfx down.... :-X

2ColoNuts said:
You got out is the best part!
24 here in Colorado tonight, but I ama thinking I have to get out Wednesday!
May frezzzzzz but I GOT TO GET OUT!! lol
Congrads on the new MD!
Can't wait to hear of the cool finds to come.
ChrisP

Thanks it is now down to 1 degree here...will be a while before I get out again...hope you make it out! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back