Say hello to my little friend! First time out with se.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

Attachments

• First day with se 29 Jan 08.jpg
    First day with se 29 Jan 08.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,625
Upvote 0
at least you got out. Our weather got warmer but the snow didn't melt so here I sit. . . . . >:( ;)

Your right Greg, the ground is frozen, hopefully it will get better soon.
CC

hey Gregg, you did great...sheez first time out..and found stuffs.... you will excell at this baby... and I too went out today for an hr.. and took my M6 and found 40 coins in one hr..more then I have ever found with the dfx... go figure... wtg and I know you will do fantastic with the new tector...

Good luck with that new black beast. What do you think of the pinpointing on i? Having just switched from a DFX.

Pull-tab Parson said:
at least you got out. Our weather got warmer but the snow didn't melt so here I sit. . . . . >:( ;)

Crazy weather...just wanted to give it a shot...very tough digs...

Crocop said:
Your right Greg, the ground is frozen, hopefully it will get better soon.
CC

I just wanted to try my new toy! :)

KirkPA said:
Atta-boy, se-Gregg! ;) :D You should do well with the new machine!

Kirk

A lot of learning to do...still working on trades...trying to get a few more things...

bootybay said:
hey Gregg, you did great...sheez first time out..and found stuffs.... you will excell at this baby... and I too went out today for an hr.. and took my M6 and found 40 coins in one hr..more then I have ever found with the dfx... go figure... wtg and I know you will do fantastic with the new tector...

That is because you are more used to the m6....not sure with the frozen ground the dfx would have done much better today....

rebelLT said:
Good luck with that new black beast. What do you think of the pinpointing on i? Having just switched from a DFX.

Actually it was good...with the coins I was ok...with the trash I was lost...one of the reading I could not pinpoint was fer 07 con 22....hopefully that is usually junk! ??? Also I was using the factory slimline coil and it was very stable in the ice/snow and mud. Was worried after everything negative I had read about the slimline...Just have to remember after pinpointing to press back again or get a lot of feedback..also the vco pinpointing not sure the ex2 has it...but that helped a lot...was the same on dfx.... The only thing with the vco...man does it scream out loud...ouch! :D

those sounds are pretty different from what you are used to hearing i would imagine! still you did ok. if i can help you out at all dont hesitate to ask. :)i am still learning the se myself but have quite a few hours on it, and can probably answer some questions. im sure you will do fine with it, especially seeing how well you did with the DFX.

Way to go Gregg. Are you going to modify your screen name?

I can't wait for spring!! :'(

hollowpointred said:
those sounds are pretty different from what you are used to hearing i would imagine! still you did ok. if i can help you out at all dont hesitate to ask. :)i am still learning the se myself but have quite a few hours on it, and can probably answer some questions. im sure you will do fine with it, especially seeing how well you did with the DFX.

Thanks I will need to learn the readings...I just read half the manual, stuck it together and out I went...definitely time to finish the manual. :D ::)

KirkPA said:
You have to miss the trigger pinpoint, too! ;) :D

Kirk

No doubt the trigger pinpointer is something the se has beat....just have to remember to press button and switch out of pinpoint mode... :D

Evolution said:
Way to go Gregg. Are you going to modify your screen name?

I can't wait for spring!! :'(

Hopefully by spring I will have a much better understanding.. I can already see the quality difference...will not give a review till I have 100 hours in. Nothing like reading a review from someone after they have used their new machine once or twice! :D :D ::) Oh and the name I have a few ideas...first was dfx-explorer...someone said that "sucked"! ;D :D ;) Also was thinking about Minelab Pirate...well guess I will keep working on it..and the se..

Give the smartfind screen a try! I moved from whites vdi and liked that it better. I think its actually faster to interpret when you figure out where everything lands on the screen.

rebelLT said:
Give the smartfind screen a try! I moved from whites vdi and liked that it better. I think its actually faster to interpret when you figure out where everything lands on the screen.

i agree. ;) its the same info just laid out on a graph. it was easier for me to interpret.

rebelLT said:

Thanks will do...just wanted to get out and try.... :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back