Sam Wolf Dowsing Book

Evergladeskid

Apr 25, 2009
G'morning,

I am not the member mentioned in the previous posting, but I do have Sam's book, as well as other remembrances of Sam Wolfe. Not the least of which is my (current) dog, "Sam Wolfe", whom I named after him. Sam passed away in the '90s.

I met Sam in '73, and it was Sam who taught me how to dowse by my spending two days with him at his home. (Reading back over what I have written, it appears I am name-dropping, for which I apologize. It is not intentional, but just the facts.)

The book is one-of-a-kind, because the last 40% of it consists of images from USGS topo maps with dowsed treasures and mineral deposits all marked. Quoting from Sam, "This allows the amateur dowser to practice on the maps in order to test his skill and progress on known locations."

I'll attach two or three images of the book's content to illustrate what I have written. Hope this helps.

Regards,
C

Attachments

• book.JPG
    book.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 893
  • samplemap.JPG
    samplemap.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 882
  • contents.JPG
    contents.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 887
G'morning,

I am writing this article as an addendum to my previous piece about Sam's book, which was only one of his accomplishments.

Sam also created a nation-wide organization promoting dowsing, United Dowsers Association (UDA). He published a glossy magazine for its members; a couple of images of the magazine(s) and other writings are attached at the end of this posting. He and his wife drove a motor home, repeatedly traversing America and hosting hands-on dowsing seminars at Holiday Inns. Also, Sam was the first to obtain a U.S. patent on the design of an L-rod.

Wolfe was humble and good-natured. Inspite of his notoriety, Sam's home address and phone number remained in the (paper) telephone directory back then. I recall only one irritation which ever got his goat: Beginners not wanting to practice and start their careers by dowsing easy targets.

Sam pushed back the darkness a little bit for the rest of us to follow.

Sincerely,
C

Attachments

• magazines.JPG
    magazines.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 939
  • article.JPG
    article.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 904
  • otherpublications.JPG
    otherpublications.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 885
Russ Simmons of Simmons Scientific (sellos anderson rods) sells the book for about $20.

I found a copy of this book in about 1995 in a branch of the OKC library. I photocopied it and added it to my collection. Wolf is one of the few dowsers who say that a person CAN dowse for profit without losing the "gift".

Shortstack said:
I found a copy of this book in about 1995 in a branch of the OKC library. I photocopied it and added it to my collection. Wolf is one of the few dowsers who say that a person CAN dowse for profit without losing the "gift".

Some dowsers have rather complex and limiting "belief systems", while others seem to go about practicing the art with hardly any restrictions or rules. I suppose it really varies according to what dowsing book they learned from or the person that showed them how to conjure up a dowsing response in the first place. In either case, the limitations and rules are "self-imposed" and once their subconscious mind has been programmed - it will be a very real limitation or restriction for them.

Believing that if they "dowse for profit", they will lose their gift(?), is just another example of a "self-imposed" rule, and is only valid if the dowser wants to believe it is.

I know one dowser that can only dowse if he wears his rubber chore boots. (Something about being insulated from the ground... :dontknow:) Obviously another self-imposed restriction.

Categorically, the practice of dowsing is iffy enough as it is; without adding a lot of other rules and limitations to it. :tongue3:

Why do people resort to name calling, etc. as in the "trash" comment above? Just state what you believe, back it up if you can, and let people make up their own mind about what they believe. Really, dowsing is a fun activity full of fun and opinionated people...so long as we can be confident enough in our individual beliefs to allow others theirs!

Mr. Groves is exactly correct. I was trained by Lobo as well. I studied dowsing for 3 decades to understand the mind set and science (if one accepts experience as a type of science.) It really does come down to what you believe with some limitations of natural reactions of nature. After all the study, I realized that most limitations were of my own creation.

I am looking for the title and ultimately the book on dowsing by Sam Wolf. I saw on the "old forum" that a member had the book. I don't know how to contact that member. Here is the message:

Re: Sam "Wolfe" Lobo
January 12, 2002 at 06:23:53
In Reply to: Sam
posted by mark on September 09, 2001 at 21:27:01

Yup, I have a copy. What's it worth?
I have a 1st edition copy

G'morning,

I am not the member mentioned in the previous posting, but I do have Sam's book, as well as other remembrances of Sam Wolfe. Not the least of which is my (current) dog, "Sam Wolfe", whom I named after him. Sam passed away in the '90s.

I met Sam in '73, and it was Sam who taught me how to dowse by my spending two days with him at his home. (Reading back over what I have written, it appears I am name-dropping, for which I apologize. It is not intentional, but just the facts.)

The book is one-of-a-kind, because the last 40% of it consists of images from USGS topo maps with dowsed treasures and mineral deposits all marked. Quoting from Sam, "This allows the amateur dowser to practice on the maps in order to test his skill and progress on known locations."

I'll attach two or three images of the book's content to illustrate what I have written. Hope this helps.

Regards,
C
I have complete copy of it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back