Roundness in the hole.

Cycluran

Aug 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reaching into the hole to remove loose sand, I felt the shape of this 12 pounder today and said "Roundness". Has anyone else caught themselves using some of the terminology from DIGGERS or other MDing shows? I said it without thinking. I guess that's how new expressions and colloquialisms get started. roundness.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 4
I don't care what you say as long as you don't say "BOOM BABY!!"

LOL!! HAHA Thats funny a slide whistle! It probably was they just dubbed it in for the show. I must say my whites dfx in relic mode sounds like a light saber from star wars!
I haven't seen the shows on the TV Guide lately. Why havent they been on tv for the last few weeks ?
The last episode I saw they were civil war relic hunting in Virgina. What I thought was very cool was they were using old school detectors for that hunt. One had a Fisher 1265 or 66 x and the other a lowly Tesoro with no fancy gizmos on it like sounding like a slide whistle !

Awesome Find ! Which Tesoro machine do you use ? And does that 8' Do-nut coil work well in Virgina and go deep enough ?

Last edited:
I've never seen the National Geographic show before but have seen Savage Family Diggers. After reading this thread I watched several episodes of "Diggers" and while they are both obviously tools it would appear that they are not faking the finds...like on Savage Family Diggers. I actually will admit that I enjoy National Geographic Diggers...I laughed out loud more than once in the few episodes I watched! They are very dramatic and hugely over react to common finds...

I wonder if they check out Treasurenet...

I've never seen the National Geographic show before but have seen Savage Family Diggers. After reading this thread I watched several episodes of "Diggers" and while they are both obviously tools it would appear that they are not faking the finds...like on Savage Family Diggers. I actually will admit that I enjoy National Geographic Diggers...I laughed out loud more than once in the few episodes I watched! They are very dramatic and hugely over react to common finds...

I wonder if they check out Treasurenet...

Haha
They remind me bit of Kirk in Pa lol

Nice find man!:icon_thumright:

Nice cannon ball
And as for the Digger's shows, I know they get a lot of discussion in other threads, I thoroughly enjoy Tim and George. The Dig Fellas not so much. I watch every Digger show there is, I lie their enthusiasm.

Nice cannon ball And as for the Digger's shows, I know they get a lot of discussion in other threads, I thoroughly enjoy Tim and George. The Dig Fellas not so much. I watch every Digger show there is, I lie their enthusiasm.

I totally agree. The younger guy on Dig Fellas is a complete tool. The other guy is not too bad. It's hard to watch that one but I love KG and ringy. When I first started MDing it was right before Diggers came out so it inspired me to leave my yard and get out there. I even started calling my fellow detecting pal a code name. His last name is Cokain, pronounced like the drug and now it's Coke Can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back